1/48 Special Hobby Seafire II

Doccur

2 minutes ago, Doccur said:

Hi @helios16v ,

we modellers reallt have a penchant for punishing ourselves don’t we! Can’t say I enjoy the filling and sanding part of the builds...

Ash

I don't mind a bit of it...makes it feel like real modeling when it takes a little finesse and fiddling to get to where you want to be.  Kits that go together w/ no work can feel a bit sterile...however it's easy to go too far the other way, and up with too much extra work and lose heart.  It's a tightrope we walk.  I have some patience...but I do have a limit.  :waiting:  Probably why the RA-5C is still sitting on the corner of the desk 5 years later.  :rofl2:

• Haha 2

Hi all,

masked up the undersides and sprayed the Dark Slate Grey over the past couple of days. 

I used a Vallejo Air bottle and just say it is a dream to spray compared to Xtracrylix 😬 

49991416078_c18408677c_b.jpg

Ash

• Like 3

Sorry the spam! 

EDSG has now been sprayed. Unfortunately a few areas need touching up. The masking tape has caused the paint to lift in two areas too 🙄

49992524342_83c3a08bd7_b.jpg

49992524322_b8c35dd554_b.jpg

Ash

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

I don't mind a bit of it...makes it feel like real modeling when it takes a little finesse and fiddling to get to where you want to be.  Kits that go together w/ no work can feel a bit sterile...however it's easy to go too far the other way, and up with too much extra work and lose heart.  It's a tightrope we walk.  I have some patience...but I do have a limit.  :waiting:  Probably why the RA-5C is still sitting on the corner of the desk 5 years later.  :rofl2:

I do agree, there is a happy medium! Shake and bake aren’t a challenge but some limited run make me want to throw them at the wall! 

• Like 1

Hi all,

touched up the camo and have painted the prop and nosecone assy. Next thing was to stand her up on her own legs, thanks to some earlier fiddling they went on very easily. Next thing was to spray a gloss coat of Tamiya Clear. Decals and that mean looking shark mouth next!!!

49995605396_1c985a7bd7_b.jpg

49995605361_017f1b2a78_b.jpg

Ash

Decals are on, with the deadline looming! 👀

They went on like a dream apart from the underwing roundels which had to bed down over a tear-drop hump... the setting solution has sorted that out though. Need to apply the stencils next and then it’s on to weathering tomorrow! 

50002485732_a46563f045_b.jpg

Ash

• Like 3