A Grand Old Lady - Battlestar Galactica BS-75 (RDM)

May I present one grand old lady - Galactica:

IMG-1891.jpg

Got this a while ago and grabbed all the electrics to light it when I did my Viper.

Taking what I learnt from that I invested quite a bit of time trying some more complex lighting and used some fiber optics and micro led's to get the scale right with this. This is the Revell copy of the Mobius kit and aside from some flash and rubbish decals, it's a great kit. I cocked up the order of one side of the landing bay arms but I was too far into the build when I noticed it to correct it :( .

I spent quite a while looking for the right colour scheme as I wasn't convinced on the silver/gunmetal look. I'm quite pleased with this and loved the shading process, going crazy with my washes and dry brushing! I also attempted some aztech with my homemade stencils. I added some battle damage, as let's face it, she's always suffered at the hands of those pesky Cylons! I customised a base to take the battery and switch - can you guess where that's from?

Cheers, JB.

IMG-1892.jpg
IMG-1893.jpg
IMG-1894.jpg
IMG-1895.jpg
IMG-1896.jpg
IMG-1897.jpg
IMG-1899.jpg
IMG-1903.jpg
IMG-1906.jpg
IMG-1907.jpg
IMG-1909.jpg

Edited by Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

The bottom part looks like the Airfix "generic" aircraft stand. The top section? Not a clue!

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending information.
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

The bottom part looks like the Airfix "generic" aircraft stand. The top section? Not a clue!

Chris. 

Spot on; it's one I had from a 'dogfight doubles' - nicely done :) 

Top section came with the kit, I just bonded them together and got some hollow stainless steel tube cut to length to thread the wires through.