British Airways Airbus A319, Revell 1:144

2 minutes ago, BluesModeller said:

Would love to do the Concorde at some point and a 747-400.  Seems they both need a lot of work.

Yer I had to do quite a bit of work on the Concorde:

Nose-up is okayish, but I did build one with the resin nose correction, which let me build it nose-down more accurately instead of the kit's flat profile with single window.  The only thing with the resin correction is that you need to use decals for all of the flight deck windows, which makes then the clear visor look odd.

I think the main landing gear is too long and narrow too, and I don't like the semi-perforated cabin windows.

With the landing gear down, you can see into the wings, so I made some gear bay walls with plasticard, and the intake splitter for some reason is far too short, so I built full-length walls to fully divide the intakes all the way to the engine intakes.

I don't remember there being issues with the 747-400, but I know some have said the nose is the wrong shape.

I did the A319 because I wanted a simple build!

37 minutes ago, BluesModeller said:

This is my second try after ruining the last one by messing up the white.  The first one went together ok save for a bit of flash but this one had major fit issues with the fuselage

Hi,

Just thinking, could you not have stripped the paint and repainted it rather than starting all over again with a new kit?

Cheers,

Ian

1 hour ago, Turbofan said:

Hi,

Just thinking, could you not have stripped the paint and repainted it rather than starting all over again with a new kit?

Cheers,

Ian

It would have been easier... I think I was worried I’d never get the appliance white off but I’ll try that product you mentioned.  Did I once read brake fluid worked too or am I imagining it?

19 hours ago, BluesModeller said:

Did I once read brake fluid worked too or am I imagining it?

I've heard the same thing but never tried it. You definitely won't go wrong with the Homestrip stuff though! 

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Another cracker Neil, the blue really Halfords Capri blue? Looks darker than my can sprays 

I can assure you it is!v 😄

IMG_0744

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Another cracker Neil, the blue really Halfords Capri blue? Looks darker than my can sprays 

The blue looks much brighter in daylight:

IMG_0748

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Indeed, that looks just like what comes out of my can :)

I think it's very much like the actual British Airways blue - it's a different blue in different light!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neilg said:

I think it's very much like the actual British Airways blue - it's a different blue in different light!

Indeed, noticing that with the blue on my a320neo having chosen to brush paint it, kept going from looking too light to possibly being to dark now having switched paints.