Lamborghini Countach LP400 Periscopio Completed

I have now completed my entry into the Orange Countach club. I started this quite a while ago, but having a bit more time on my hands at the moment, I've been able to finish what was quite a challenging kit

Build post here, if your interested:

Painted in Lamborghini original Arancio California from Zero paints, with Zero pre-thinned clear. Only extra, besides a bit of sratch build extra detail was after-market ignition leads 

49866219823_ab79b2a4e1_b.jpg

49867069137_1985a26b25_b.jpg

49867069147_543b726fdf_b.jpg

49866755661_707e37947e_b.jpg

49866219793_d652184534_b.jpg

49867069172_c421872ef5_b.jpg

I took a picture of the interior before putting it all together. Details I know will never been seen by anyone, but I know there there

49784686848_f984ab6ef1_b.jpg

49785544987_16226255f2_b.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments & criticisms greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 17

Great work Mr M looks really nice outside in the sunshine. Very good colour choice this colour is bang on for a Lambo especially with the black detailing. Looking forward to the next one 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbostream said:

The color suits the car it looks great and I really like the detailing of the engine.

Thanks. As it only had the top part of an engine, I’m quite pleased with how it came out

3 hours ago, Codger said:

Welcome to our little club!

Thank you @Codger , I may not be able to match your level of detail, but I definitely feel welcome!

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Great work Mr M looks really nice outside in the sunshine. Very good colour choice this colour is bang on for a Lambo especially with the black detailing. Looking forward to the next one 👍

Thanks I’m glad the sun came out at the right moment, it really makes the paint look better than it does on my shelf

A worthy addition to the Orange Countach Club, can't really fault it.

It's quite interesting comparing the one on screen (yours) with mine in the cabinet next to the screen - you can see how Aoshima and Tamiya have approached this differently in places and yet the end result is very similar.

Good work.:yes: Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spiny said:

A worthy addition to the Orange Countach Club, can't really fault it.

It's quite interesting comparing the one on screen (yours) with mine in the cabinet next to the screen - you can see how Aoshima and Tamiya have approached this differently in places and yet the end result is very similar.

Good work.:yes: Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you @Spiny i can see all the faults, but glad it comes across well. I’m almost tempted to try the Aoshima kit too, but not until I’ve worked down my stash of unbuilt kits first! 

13 hours ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

Looks just like the real thing, but definitely better assembled than the real thing! 

Andy.

Thanks Andy. It did go together quite well, I can’t imagine you could say the same about any real life Lamborghini 

Very nice indeed, really like the colour and the detailing is great! I quite fancy finishing my long started Italeri  Countach in orange - only problem is I've lost the primed bodyshell!

Cracking little Lambo Mr. M...!!

Keith

On 18/05/2020 at 12:13, Mr Mansfield said:

Thank you @Spiny i can see all the faults, but glad it comes across well. I’m almost tempted to try the Aoshima kit too, but not until I’ve worked down my stash of unbuilt kits first! 

I think that most of us will see a load of faults on our own models - after all we've spent too many hours looking at the thing in close up and as a result are fully aware of every little issue. In most cases, if you don't mention them, most people won't notice the flaws unless they are quite obvious. Other people's reaction is usually a good guide to the standard of what you've built - the reaction to this Countach shows it's a good model.

As you've ordered a magnifier, a word of warning - you will notice a LOT more flaws under that than you've seen so far. But if you can get a model looking acceptable under the magnifier, it will look good under the camera and even better than that to the naked eye.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spiny said:

I think that most of us will see a load of faults on our own models - after all we've spent too many hours looking at the thing in close up and as a result are fully aware of every little issue. In most cases, if you don't mention them, most people won't notice the flaws unless they are quite obvious. Other people's reaction is usually a good guide to the standard of what you've built - the reaction to this Countach shows it's a good model.

As you've ordered a magnifier, a word of warning - you will notice a LOT more flaws under that than you've seen so far. But if you can get a model looking acceptable under the magnifier, it will look good under the camera and better than alright to the naked eye.

That’s some really sound advice. I’m spurred on to start my next one now

cheers,

Paul

• 1 month later...

The colour and finish v are beautiful. Some day zero paint's flakes are not too scale, but they look perfect.

You use pre thinned zero clear, I'm guessing this is their 1k clear, did you have to sand thru the grades, then polish?

Great build!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 22:18, HOUSTON said:

OUTSTANDING and GORGEOUS model.

RESPLENDENT  and colourful Buikd.

:wow:

:clap:

somehow its aesthetic lines reminds ME of a De Lorean..

:whistle:

Thank you. I think the DeLorean was partly inspired by the original Countach 

On 20/06/2020 at 08:10, FunkyChiken said:

The colour and finish v are beautiful. Some day zero paint's flakes are not too scale, but they look perfect.

You use pre thinned zero clear, I'm guessing this is their 1k clear, did you have to sand thru the grades, then polish?

Great build!

Thank you. I really like the the 1k clear, it goes on quite thin, so I usually add one more coat than it needs & polish with micromesh, then finish with Meguars car polish