9 hours ago, Johnson said:

I’d like to do it but with another Spit in progress and the Corsair STGB just started, I might get in trouble with CF4U :unsure:

No probs its a free world sir, as for the Corsair build. My personal opinion is its all about the fun not the finishing. If the Corsair doesn't get done thats ok as long as you enjoy your time building it. 

23 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

its all about the fun

Hi Dennis, looking forward very much to the Tamiya 1/72 Corsair I have the kit waiting in the wings. When I have the Mk.24 resin Spit finished, the OOB Corsair should be a fun and relaxing build!

• Like 1

The Dark Earth has been applied...

49954898742_5cd794a9aa_c_d.jpg

I am having much more luck these days with my airbrushing.  I think it is because of two things:

1) I have removed all the agitators I added to the paints.  They were small stainless steel nuts, but this being Greece, they began to rust.  

2) I am thinning even the Vallejo Air paints more so the paint is much thinner.  

The results are better airbrushing and easier cleaning.  Yay!

--John

• Like 1

Decals are on.  

The door was the fun part!

49956000771_bb5a3f76dd_c_d.jpg

49956000881_5701b76a06_c_d.jpg

49956000981_92d8513b96_c_d.jpg

Now..."let me see", as Joe would say...canopy, prop and spinner, undercarriage, pitot...weathering...I think she'll be in the gallery by tomorrow evening at the latest.  

--John

• Like 4

Almost there.  I only have to attach the prop.  The aircraft has been delicately weathered with a black/brown oil pin wash.  The 'smoke' is Vallejo Smoke, very thin, applied very lightly with the airbrush.  There is more to see topside, but for now I am letting the undercarriage set up.  I also gave it some oily dribbles around the engine panels.  Small dribbles, not Tiger tank dribbles!  You'll see later...

In the plans or profile I am not seeing an antennae wire running from the mast behind the cockpit to the rudder.  So I am leaving it off.

Off to run some errands and when I get back, the gallery photos will be up...

49959216972_3f61eae2cc_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 3

Finished and on the shelf with her sisters...

49959265561_112b5d47e4_c_d.jpg

I have counted and I have 20 Spitfire/Family 1/72nd scale builds.  Getting there.

The other images are in the gallery...

--John

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wonderful Spitfire and Collection John. 

25 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

That's a great addition to your collection John.

Thanks Dennis and Cookie.  It was a fun build.  

• Like 1