Sea Fury FB.50 Royal Netherlands Navy - Airfix 1/48

Latest build for the cabinet is Airfix’s lovely 1/48 Sea Fury done as FB.50 616 of 860 Squadron Royal Netherlands Navy. Quite fancied a quickish build so only added Barracudas replacement engine cowl and Xtradecal sheet 48175. Even so the build dragged on a bit. Have to confess Second World War aircraft types are not really my interest at all but the Sea Fury has always fascinated. Thought lock down might see more time for modelling but the Mrs has had other ideas. She can’t understand why I don’t take as much care with the decorating as I do with the models! Hope it’s of interest. I enjoyed the build so much I’ve bought another two.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Very smart looking build!

Folded wings have the double advantage of adding interest and saving space in the display cabinet.

OTOH, I think that the lines of the aircraft get a bit lost in the process. But I guess you can't have it both ways… 😉

Excellent work and finish!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 12:19 AM, petetasker said:

Thought lock down might see more time for modelling but the Mrs has had other ideas.

I seem to have a similar problem. Lovely job on the Sea Fury and nice to see it in Dutch colours, too.

• Thanks 1

Hello Pete,

Always good to see Dutch Naval Aviation displayed.

But this Sea Fury looks extremely good.

From a very precious time, Dutch Naval Carrier Aviation.

Regards, Orion

The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1