spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tamiya's fantastic offering of the M4A3(76)W HVSS, commonly referred to as the "Easy Eight." Aftermarket goodies: Friul tracks, RB Model metal barrels (main gun and machine guns), Panzer Art antenna mount (I forgot to drop the actual antenna in the mount), Value Gear stowage. Painted with a combination of AK Interactive Real Colors, Tamiya, and Vallejo paints; weathered using Ammo of Mig, AK, and Mig Productions enamels, 502 Abteilung oils, and a touch of Vallejo acrylic weathering effects. 

Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

Edited by ScootyPuffJunior
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job. As others have said the stowage is great and i especially like the cardboard boxes. I really like Value Gear stuff as it has no nasty casting blocks to remove.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 11:51, ScootyPuffJunior said:

Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

Comment not criticism ....lovely build really well executed and very profesional pics, two questions what do you use (equipment and programs) for such nice piccys and on the stowage (very nice by the way) what did you use for the tie down rope....thank you kindly and keep up the great work. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Comment not criticism ....lovely build really well executed and very profesional pics, two questions what do you use (equipment and programs) for such nice piccys and on the stowage (very nice by the way) what did you use for the tie down rope....thank you kindly and keep up the great work. 

Thanks mate!

For pictures, I use an older camera body (Nikon D3100) with just the kit lens. Everything is set to manual on the camera and I shoot in RAW format. I use some anti-glare PVC backdrops I found on Amazon; I have a couple different colors, but prefer the white unless it clashes with the subject. I also have two large softboxes for the lighting. The only post I do is some color balancing and cropping/resizing with Gimp 2.0, which is freeware and good enough for what I need it for.

The tiedown rope is white #2 bead cord (.45mm) that I "dyed" by dipping it in enamel washes. I found out about while watching a YouTube video from the guy that makes Value Gear stowage and it works brilliantly.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ScootyPuffJunior said:

For pictures, I use an older camera body (Nikon D3100) with just the kit lens. Everything is set to manual on the camera and I shoot in RAW format. I use some anti-glare PVC backdrops I found on Amazon; I have a couple different colors, but prefer the white unless it clashes with the subject. I also have two large softboxes for the lighting. The only post I do is some color balancing and cropping/resizing with Gimp 2.0, which is freeware and good enough for what I need it for.

Thanks for the info gives me a base to start at and my photos suck so your info is gratefully received.:thanks:

• Like 1