F/A-18C WILDCATS Academy 1:32

This time, quite a difficult model for me.

I don't like models of planes that are realy clean, they look like plastic toys to me.
That is why my model making is heavily exploited aircraft models.

This time I tried to make this model like oryginal, so that it was not too tired, but that it was also not a plastic toy.

I hope I managed.

F/A-18C VF-131 Academy 1:32

PWWDY9W.jpg?1AumZO2n.jpg?1DfugMjX.jpg?2Hh5aWP5.jpg?1nHUTxPR.jpg?1yQLCxRQ.jpg?15uXj3wU.jpg?1hbmRnsx.jpg?1DsaFxCT.jpg?1Rx03iQ4.jpgbo5TzkK.jpg?1XlzCUoh.jpg?1Q9uUSXd.jpg?1u093enT.jpg?1bpnezmg.jpg?1aCuUtjw.jpg?2

• Like 35

Was the kit difficult to build or was it the painting and weathering that was difficult? It's quite an impressive model!

14 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Was the kit difficult to build or was it the painting and weathering that was difficult? It's quite an impressive model!

Painting was difficult, I wanted to achieve a good balance between the look of the original planet and what I like.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful job!  As far as weathering, on a land base the CAG or DCAG bird would be kept pretty clean, as they are the Air Wing Commander's bird.  At sea, it is an operational aircraft like the others.  So for an early tour aircraft, your weathering is spot on.

Edited by CMSCHLOM
  • Like 2

To quote............

” I don't like models of planes that are realy clean, they look like plastic toys to me.“

I agree with you.  For something such as an airplane, which more often than not spends most of the time outside, it is highly unlikely for an airplane to remain clean and pristine.  I like the way you have accurately replicated the worn appearance displayed by this and all Hornets during that period of time.  I applaud your efforts!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Very nice model!

Are those kit nozzles though? They look strangly big...

Yes, I use nozzles from the kit.
I chose open nozzles because I do not like the closed (smaller), which are also included.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Koralik64 said:

Yes, I use nozzles from the kit.
I chose open nozzles because I do not like the closed (smaller), which are also included.

Great job, she’s a beauty. Are the nozzles left open when parked?

Wow that is an amazing model, very detailed and great pictures - the 3/4 front port side shot exaggerating the nose length reminds me of a Macross vari-fighter! Very nice.