Ki-43-I Hayabusa, &/48

Your chipping effect is really admirable, and from your description of it I can understand the needle but not the rubber part. Can you describe that rubber technique? Thank you very much and congrats, might be an “old” build but worth seeing it indeed

Hey - missed this one - great looking Oscar and convincing chipping work! Would be nice to see pictures of the top side. Which kit was this built from?

Cheers

Malcolm

Amazing!

I could be forgiven for thinking you Photoshopped a real plane to claim it as a model!

By your reference to using "rubber" would you happen to mean a pencil eraser?
I'm just wondering if the term is getting "lost in translation" so-to-speak.  🤔

Anyway, that is an incredible model for sure!

:clap2:

I`d never thought I would be attracted to an “Oscar” but yet here I am fawning all over it. 😉  The weathering is most realistic and perfectly executed.  :clap2:

Mike

Hello All !

First of all, i would like to apologize not thanking you more quickly and wainting so long but I had to deal with some private matters. Concerning the technique, this is the simpliest, the cheapest and the more intuitiv one I know. Your coart of silver must be dry and well polished. After that, two or three layers of well diluated Gunze green colors are coming until you get more or less a good deepth. Dont let the paint dry completely. Start the chipping process with a good rubber by applying it and removing it nervously. You'll see the chipping appear. When the whole job is done, you can continue with some more fine and precise scratches with a simple needle to give more sharpness. I never varnish my model by the way. Dont like at all any kind of these finishes.

That's it !!!!