Trumpeter T-80UK MBT

Another new project, got to have 9 on the go at once after all. Looks good, a newer kit from 2019, Trumpeter 9578 I think.

The tracks are indy link with add on guide horns, ugh. So far only 20 links assembled and there are 82 per side.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

A little bit of progress today. One track done and not bad except for all of the guide horns, hate them.

Lots of PE on those fenders and about 20 odd tiny pe grab irons that can wait until the rest of the lower hull is complete.

I like those rubber flaps front and rear. They give you those in a sort of vinyl and a little ca does wonders. They will end up

a sort of worn black I imagine.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Thanks Rob

Actually these tracks go together well and the individual guide horns fit perfectly. Glue a bunch of links together.

add the guide horns and wrap them around the idler and sprocket before the glue dries completely. Then just

fill in the missing links in the middle and voila, non working tracks that look good.

Lloyd

• Like 1

I've just finished their T-80BV - I really didn't like their individual track links - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but as soon as I try a wash and dry brushing they fall apart.  The kit looks very similar - the only issue I had was the fit on the exhaust.  Once I had built the exhaust block it just didn't want to fit correctly without a lot of fettling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 11:39 PM, BlackMax12 said:

A little bit of progress today. One track done and not bad except for all of the guide horns, hate them.

Lots of PE on those fenders and about 20 odd tiny pe grab irons that can wait until the rest of the lower hull is complete.

I like those rubber flaps front and rear. They give you those in a sort of vinyl and a little ca does wonders. They will end up

a sort of worn black I imagine.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

looks like fun Bill