Jaguar Mk2, Tamiya, 1/24

1 hour ago, Six97s said:

I think the colour suits it, but have to agree the panel lines tend to draw the eye...

The real thing:

ebay147036106743706.jpg

The shut lines on an old car aren't as narrow as they are today... I think as Steve says, they'll just be part of the picture when all the bling is in place...

best,

M.

Thanks! @Mr Mansfield the wheels are indeed the ones from the kit. Probably the best injected wire wheels in any kit, and not bettered since this was tooled 25 years ago! I have a spare set that will go on a Heller E-type one day...

This feels like a major milestone:

together-front-left.jpg

together-low-front-left.jpg

together-left-profile.jpg

together-rear-left.jpg

together-rear-right.jpg

together-interior-from-right.jpg

together-interior.jpg

Time to start adding the chrome bits and trim. I'm not looking forward to the metal "transfers"...

best,

M.

• Like 7

Looking really good now. I must admit my first thought when you put up the dashboard on the previous page was that it was a bit to bright and garish, but now that it's in position inside the car it just looks right. Just goes to show that you can never be 100% sure of how something will turn out until it's complete.

Thanks, @Spiny. I think this is the home straight now. The metal transfers were not as bad as I'd feared, but I've had to use some "Mr Gauzy" to hold the smaller ones in place and very thin superglue at some wayward ends (the front of the bonnet and the lower rear ends at the tail, where they bend in two directions at once. But they are on, and look pretty sharp. The lettering was actually harder to deal with than the stripes, in the end...

nearly-done-front-right.jpg

nearly-done-rear-right.jpg

nearly-done-front-left.jpg

nearly-done-rear-left.jpg

Time for lights and last details...

best,

M.

• Like 4

It looks really good.  I don't know if the wheels could use some sort of very light wash just to bring out the detail?  It's not something I've done so I could be talking nonsense.

Thnaks, @johnlambert. I've thought about it, but I tried washing the carburettor parts and this chrome surface shrugs off the wash so it clumps up, and doesn't go into the nooks and crannies as you'd hope. I might do an experiment with the only enamel wash I have, but acrylics and Citadel are no-go...

workbench-bonnet-open-front-left.jpg

workbench-bonnet-open-left.jpg

workbench-bonnet-open-front.jpg

workbench-bonnet-open-right.jpg

Last few decals and a bit of a clean up, and next pictures will be in RFI

best,

M

• Like 6

On 6/2/2020 at 9:24 PM, Anteater said:

Does the number plate have a particular significance?

@Anteater... I like to have all my cars' number plates be legal UK plates, even if sometimes it's not technically legal to use them on the car (in reality, you can't use a plate that's YOUNGER than the car, but you can transfer any OLDER registration). Many of my cars have my initials or name, somehow (M477 GTO for example), and others are relevant to the car (M1URA). In this case, it's a Top Gear joke "We're going to take the Jaaaaagggg" said with a Leslie Philips drawl, combined with my initials...

It pleases my small mind, anyway...

best,

M.