Campbell-Railton Blue Bird 1933

1 hour ago, The Sheene Machine said:

Ahh, yes, look like a Lotus caught your eye! Perhaps I should have put ‘easier’! Your CN7 looks so beautiful. That’s a great collection you have. Fernando has more LSR’s planned....

Yes, I heard that from him earlier this year, it's exciting news! Decals for a few were already done, I got a list of the subjects that I haven't before me now (and probably should not disclose openly anyway). I hope they will materialize soon rather than later, I can't wait for them...

• 2 years later...

Hi, this looks great and very detailed.

I do designs for the Campbell family and have been asked to reproduce this poster for them and Castrol, which is lo-res. So i was wondering if you would be so kind to take some pictures of your model at the same angle so that i can have something detailed to work from?

Hope you will be able to help

Many thanks

Adam

spacer.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, retroClassic said:

Hi, this looks great and very detailed.

I do designs for the Campbell family and have been asked to reproduce this poster for them and Castrol, which is lo-res. So i was wondering if you would be so kind to take some pictures of your model at the same angle so that i can have something detailed to work from?

Hope you will be able to help

Many thanks

Adam

Hello Adam,

I'm not sure how much useful help it would be, but I'll see what I can do, please give me a couple of days though.

Please pass my regards to the family.

A very nice model of a very sleek looking record car in its day and a refreshing change from all the more usual racing car kits.

Incidentally, the retro Castrol poster that Adam placed on here reminded me of a Jack Vettriano painting of the car that many art stores were selling as prints a few years back.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

A very nice model of a very sleek looking record car in its day and a refreshing change from all the more usual racing car kits.

Incidentally, the retro Castrol poster that Adam placed on here reminded me of a Jack Vettriano painting of the car that many art stores were selling as prints a few years back.

The Jack Vettriano painting is beautiful. I have actually done a t-shirt design using the one of the families photos which is very similar.spacer.png 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Hello Adam,

I'm not sure how much useful help it would be, but I'll see what I can do, please give me a couple of days though.

Please pass my regards to the family.

Thank you so much and i am sure it will help. Yes will pass on your regards to Don Wales (grandson of Malcolm Campbell) for you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Works of art, no more, no less. When I see builds like this from the golden age of speed records I feel that I will end up going off on another modelling tangent.

Thanks a lot!

It's a detour I can very much recommend. I have done a couple of them by now and enjoyed them all a lot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retroClassic said:

Hi Bengalensis, Have you had chance to take any photos of our model in the position of the poster and Noel i've not done a t-shirt of the Brooklands Napier Railton, but i'm sure i will at a some point.

Thanks

I cleared the bench today after finishing a build, so I hope to give it a shot tomorrow or during the weekend.