1/48 Aeropoxy Resin Indian Air force Ajeet/Gnat Mk II

This is the Aeropoxy Resin 1/48 Gnat Mk I/Ajeet (Invincible). After building roughly 270 Gnats at HAL and its outstanding performance against Pakistani Sabres and F 104s the Gnat was upgraded by adding an extra indoard hardpoint on each wing to take extra payload including Soviet UB-16-57 Rocket pods, a new Martin Baker Mk 9 seat, new avionics and fuel in the wings.  The aircraft was rechristened the 'Ajeet" (Invincible) and was built from 1977 to 84. I chose to do it as an Ajeet from 2 Sqn "Winged Arrows" from the early 90s just before retirement at Kalaikunda. The model had to be converted by using two extra inboard pylons and UB-16-57 Russian rocket pods and modifying the seat to a Martin-Baker Mk 9. I used a salt spray over silver and then painted the camouflage of Russian green and Olive by Vallejo followed by careful sanding to bring out the silver. The crest and numeral '2' on the rudder are hand-painted with a decal numeral in the crest. National markings are Bright Spark and serials by tally Ho. The model shape is a bit short on length and the undercarriage had to be modified to get the sit more or less right. took a ton of steel balls in the nose. Pics of the real aircraft by Peter Steinemann.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1