Airfix 1/12 Bentley 4.5 litre

Hi all I got this back from my ex boss as he no longer wanted it.

I'm going to strip it and rebuild it as a different version, can you guess which version.

It's very rare and was sold for £132,000 (hint there is a lot of wood involved )

Also I had to remove the exhaust as it runs differently.

IMG-3083.jpg
IMG-3079.jpg
IMG-3081.jpg
IMG-3082.jpg
IMG-3078.jpg

IMG-3090.jpg
IMG-3093.jpg
IMG-3092.jpg
IMG-3098.jpg
IMG-3097.jpg

• Like 5

In the years since I built this kit I like to think I've got better at weathering engines realistically so this ones coming out to have a do over.

IMG-3116.jpg
IMG-3115.jpg
IMG-3118.jpg
IMG-3117.jpg
IMG-3112.jpg
IMG-3111.jpg
IMG-3114.jpg
IMG-3113.jpg
IMG-3109.jpg
IMG-3110.jpg

• Like 1

In the years since I built this kit I like to think I've got better at weathering engines realistically so this ones coming out to have a do over.

IMG-3116.jpg
IMG-3115.jpg
IMG-3118.jpg
IMG-3117.jpg
IMG-3112.jpg
IMG-3111.jpg
IMG-3114.jpg
IMG-3113.jpg
IMG-3109.jpg
IMG-3110.jpg

• Like 2

Reworked some of the engine.

When I first got this back I had visions of turning it into Chitty but then thought I would check out the different versions this engine was used in and decided on the boat tail version.

What's funny is the first guess a lot of people made on what I was doing with it was Chitty (I thought turning it into Chitty was quite original and no one would think of that) 

I quite liked the idea so my question is (I dont know how to do a poll) which would you like to see most the red boat tail Bentley or Chitty.

IMG-3130.jpg
IMG-3129.jpg
IMG-3132.jpg
IMG-3131.jpg
IMG-3126.jpg
IMG-3128.jpg
IMG-3127.jpg

• Like 3

Hi all started on the body (that rear end wont be pointed it is cut square on the car)

It also flares out over the suspension lots of work on this part just wondering whether I will have to stain the wood red or if the mahogany when varnished will be red enough, I think on the actual car it is stained.

IMG-3156.jpg
IMG-3155.jpg
IMG-3157.jpg

• Like 3

Well I've spent most of tonight working on the exhaust (it goes down and under the car on the original version) it has to come out through the side panel on this version and on the actual car would have nuts to undo in order to move the exhaust and open the side panel. On this I obviously cant glue the exhaust to the manifold as I wont be able to put the side panel on and I cant put the side I've managed to figure a way to do it similar to the way it would have been done on the real car (will post pics when I've painted it all) 

Hi all regrettably I will no longer be able to post updates on my builds as imgbb (who I've been using ) no longer allows me to upload pics (this just after a week of them asking me to upgrade at £9.00 a month) just as well I didn't. 

All other free hosting sites seem to want you to create your own website to host pics (I'm not interested in spending hours setting up a website just to host some pics) so with regret this will be my last entry here.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Hi all regrettably I will no longer be able to post updates on my builds as imgbb (who I've been using ) no longer allows me to upload pics (this just after a week of them asking me to upgrade at £9.00 a month) just as well I didn't. 

All other free hosting sites seem to want you to create your own website to host pics (I'm not interested in spending hours setting up a website just to host some pics) so with regret this will be my last entry here.

There are loads of other free ones out there, just have a look at this:

• Like 1