Bf109F-2 Eduard, 1/48.

@Mattlow @Sturmovik

Thanks very much for commenting. There is nothing in the instructions to show a piece to block the spent case chutes and they are clearly visible in the diagrams. However on the painting guides there's no sign of them.

There's only one solution to this problem, that photo is the last time anyone will see the underneath. 😂

Roger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Roger, that's looking really good, hasn't taken long to get to the decal stage at all. You could have taken the while range with you and had the set finished!

Cheers

Darryl 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Roger, that's looking really good, hasn't taken long to get to the decal stage at all. You could have taken the while range with you and had the set finished!

Cheers

Darryl 

Thanks very much Darryl.

It would have taken a bit longer if I'd known F's didn't have those chutes. 🤣

Out of curiosity I have just downloaded the instructions for kit no. 82114, the F-4 just to see if there are chutes or blanks included in that kit. No chutes.... or is there?

p?i=fb5a0bf868f147d7ab645ffda00f1455

4 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks very much Darryl.

It would have taken a bit longer if I'd known F's didn't have those chutes. 🤣

Out of curiosity I have just downloaded the instructions for kit no. 82114, the F-4 just to see if there are chutes or blanks included in that kit. No chutes.... or is there?

Going off the pic, it doesn't show any blanks, however as it doesn't show the chutes I suppose it wouldn't. If it shouldn't have the chutes my guess it's a slip up by eduard.

Best bet is to have a rummage around photos of the real thing to check.....and then... ignore it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Going off the pic, it doesn't show any blanks, however as it doesn't show the chutes I suppose it wouldn't. If it shouldn't have the chutes my guess it's a slip up by eduard.

Best bet is to have a rummage around photos of the real thing to check.....and then... ignore it!

Darryl, there are no chutes in the first two drawings and then the appear in the last one. In my kit, 82115, the drawings are identical except that the chutes appear in all of them.

As you say, a slip up by Eduard, on two occasions.

With you 100% on the ignore it advice. A lesson learnt and I'll know next time. Good spot by Matt and not what you'd describe as rivet counting as it's two big holes that shouldn't be there. 😂

Now I have have had time for a proper look the downloadable instructions for this kit show part I13 closes the unwanted spent case chutes, however my instructions don't show that. Lo and behold I13 is in the box. 

Recently the object of my annoyance has been the TV news, now I have something else to annoy me but I'll get over it. 

Roger 

• Sad 2

Great save..

I'm never sure whether to mention these sorts of things, but I felt you'd rather know and have the chance to ignore or fix.. :)

I think the chutes only appeared when the G-5 got the MG 131.

Matt

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mattlow said:

Great save..

I'm never sure whether to mention these sorts of things, but I felt you'd rather know and have the chance to ignore or fix.. :)

I think the chutes only appeared when the G-5 got the MG 131.

Matt

Thanks very much Matt, I can understand why you would be hesitant to mention something like that but I took the suggestion in the way it was intended and all's good now.

The funny thing is I have three of those I13 blanking pieces here with me. 🤣

Roger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parabat said:

Looking good. I must address the lack of a winter distemper model on my shelf...

Thank you.

I must admit I did struggle a bit to understand the fascination with German WWII aircraft but the various colour schemes have got me hooked at the moment.

Roger. 

• Like 3

Decals on, except for the victory markings on the rudder. Once again I've run into problems with them sticking fast as soon as the come into contact with the model. 

Not to worry replacements will be waiting for me when I get home. 

I've just given it a coat of Gloss,  next step some weathering. 

p?i=eeec3b54d438fc505071aef50d1b7d22

• Like 8

That was supposed to last you a month! Great work but have you considered how you'll get it home? Watching this build proceed has taken me back to my own offshore builds. I didn't complete mine though, I just built up the main parts them took them home for painting and finishing.

Duncan B

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

That was supposed to last you a month! Great work but have you considered how you'll get it home?

Thanks very much Duncan. We should be relieved here and on the way back to Aberdeen this time next week so that time will be spent on some weathering etc.

On joining day when stores come down I carefully select an appropriate box and commandeer  all the bubblewrap.  😂

Roger. 

• Haha 1

Hi Roger, progressing nicely, looking good with decals. In my aeroplane days never got around to trying a winter whitewash scheme and you've made it look easy.

Cheers

Darryl 

41 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Another well done build from the topsy turvy world of Roger’s at sea hobby show. How you get such results while on a ship in the North sea of all places is mind blowing, but keep up the great work Roger. 

Thanks very much Dennis. To tell the truth I feel a bit frustrated with what I've achieved, or more correctly not achieved. Two months away and I didn't manage to finish one. 🤣 I suspect it's my own fault for not giving the paint time to cure before attempting to decal.

However I did achieve the aim and spent my time wisely  happily modelling away in my cabin during my time off.

Hopefully both 109's will be ready for Inspection by the weekend or thereabouts.

Roger. 

• Like 1