Dan-Air London Boeing 727-46 (Airfix)

You've taken an old kit and produced an extra nice model. I certainly appreciate your choice of color scheme. Looks very good on the 727!

3 hours ago, 26Decals said:

Thenks for the kind comments.

It's not converted from the -200, it is the older series 100 kit TWA issue from the 1970s. 

1960s actually

That is a fine build. I prefer the shorter 727s.

That looks stunning Ray, I hadn't realised that Airfix had ever done the -100 series jets, I ended up with a Revell one to base an RNZAF aircraft on. Not sure which would have been better, certainly you've made the Airfix one look very good.

Steve.

Hi Ray,

Looks great, what a classic livery! 

Which grey did you use for the belly? I'll be painting a Comet 4C in Dan-Air livery soon.

I think the Airfix -100 is so much nicer than the Revell one, I've not got any -100s so I think I'll have to keep a look out for a cheap Airfix kit.

Very nice baseboard too!

Cheers,

Ian

Very nice, Ray! Love the old 727-100, and the livery is stunning. Wow. You built this one out of the box?? I don't remember the Airfix kit having y sized nose gear doors, or detailed nose gear wheels. Are those after market parts, or did you fabricate them yourself? Whatever the case...its a beautiful build, and you've enhanced her with the gear doors and wheels. Love the display base, too. Enhances just enough to make the model stand out. Thank you for sharing! :clap:

Thanks all for your kind comments.

Re the nose wheel, it was already in the box when I got the kit from ebay so don't know it's origins and the nose gear doors were plastic card which admittedly weren't in the box.

The grey is Holts HGREY 01 acrylic auto paint.