Classic car fan in Warwickshire

johnlambert

Hello everyone, I followed a link here from another forum and started reading some of the WIP and completed build threads (I think it was an epic Pocher Mercedes-Benz 540K build that got me hooked); plus uncovering some of my part-finished models in my loft that inspired me to create an account.

I used to put together model kits when I was in my early teens about 30 years ago, then I had a brief revival in my interest about ten years ago but don't think I finished any of the kits I started.  The plan is to use some of this lockdown time to finish some of these projects and maybe some of the ones I've stashed away and not started yet.

Away from the modelling workbench I spend some of my free time as a volunteer museum guide at the British Motor Museum (just up the road from my home).  I've been into cars for as long as I can remember.

Here's a picture of some 1/144 (N gauge) model cars on my layout.  The green Jaguar is a metal kit while the black Citroen is a 3D printed plastic item.  The ground is cut from Celotex insulation board, covered in a mix of scenic scatter while the fence was made from "L" section plastic with strands of wire from a piece of electrical cable strung through holes drilled with a fine bit.  It was very labour intensive but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

spacer.png

Edited by johnlambert
Add picture
  • Like 4

Welcome to the forum John. Have visited Gaydon about 3 times now. A couple of times to visit the Truck Modelllers Annual Show. On another to have a close up look at the 6R4 Clubman on display there.

As a volunteer there you are certainly not going to be short of reference material!  Had a good look at the B type bus on display, the Lara Croft Land Rover from the first movie and the cutaway MG Midget upstairs.

Some really interesting cars on display especially some of the types that I have owned over the years. Made me feel really old to see an example of the first Vauxhall (box) Viva on display that I passed my driving test in.

• Like 1