Lockheed T-33 T-bird - RNLAF - GWH 1/48

Hi,

Please find my latest completion, the 1/48 GWH T-33 in RNLAF markings.

For those interested....... Below is the link to the WIP thread, discussing the build.

Made some picks with canopy open and canopy closed. 

Hope you like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just wondering what 50's/60's Cold War subjects are still missing from the collection............ Hunter, Meteor....?😉

spacer.png

Thanks for watching,

Regards,

Rob

Edited by Rob K.
grammar - inserted wip link
  • Like 27

Very well build model, and the finish on it is great! Tells the story of an aircraft that has been used quite a bit, but always maintained. 

Thanks for sharing this one!

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed.  If you don't mind me asking, what's the deal with the glasshouse?  Canopy open or closed... Does the kit come like that or did you have to create a working hinge?  (Not that I'd try anything like that myself... As a certified bodger I'm happy if my models come out with the right number of wings).

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

Very nice indeed.  If you don't mind me asking, what's the deal with the glasshouse?  Canopy open or closed... Does the kit come like that or did you have to create a working hinge?  (Not that I'd try anything like that myself... As a certified bodger I'm happy if my models come out with the right number of wings).

Hi U.P,

The kit comes basically with the “open” option. In order for it to close you have to snip off the end part of the canopy. So first made the pics with the cockpit open, then did some more surgery. Permanently (cemented) the canopy shut and then continued with some more images for the RFI forum.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by Rob K.
grammar
  • Like 1