Henschel HS129 B-2/Rlll by Zoukei-mura

This is by no means perfect, but I think I'm getting better it was a fun build, although at times a bit of a fiddle, and lot of internal detail disappeared.I was quite pleased with the result with the dials on the engines. I haven't yet sprayed it with a matt or satin varnish, simply because I can't make up my mind, I shall give it some thought. The very worst part of this build, was the decals, the little red dots along the engines were a nightmare, simply because they were SO fragile. Also, the Instructions were not very clear as to the orientation of some of the smaller ones. However, the instructions for the build were very good with lots of explanation as to what the parts were.

Jon.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Faraway
  • Like 26

Very nicely done. I can see how the red decals on the wings would have used a headache!!. As for the varnish. I think I'd go for matt, purely because this is a desert aircraft and any element of gloss in the paint would have soon vanished with sun damage. Love your work though, excellent stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mark4700 said:

Very nicely done. I can see how the red decals on the wings would have used a headache!!. As for the varnish. I think I'd go for matt, purely because this is a desert aircraft and any element of gloss in the paint would have soon vanished with sun damage. Love your work though, excellent stuff.

I’m with there, with Matt varnish

It's very odd that all I see are big gray squares that now have a tiny blue square with a question mark in each.   If I right-click and open image in new tab, it goes to hobbyphotohost.com and still no pic.  Strange that...:huh:

20 hours ago, Werdna said:

Great work.  I was following the build of this.  Have you tried starting the engines yet ;)

Many thanks. The engines were a bit over engineered, weren’t they. Unfortunately they won’t start, I think they are seized. 😂😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

Looks good.  What scale is it. 

1/32. If I stay with this scale, I’m going to need a bigger bench. Considering, I’m just starting a 1/32 F15D Mustang, that might be soon.

Jon

It seems the modeling gods have decreed I shall not view this model.  I just switched browsers from Safari to Firefox with the same result-big gray squares that sort of flicker or flash but no pics.  Oh well.   I've asked before so I guess I'm the only person having problems with these photos.    Sounds like a nice model though...

30 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

It seems the modeling gods have decreed I shall not view this model.  I just switched browsers from Safari to Firefox with the same result-big gray squares that sort of flicker or flash but no pics.  Oh well.   I've asked before so I guess I'm the only person having problems with these photos.    Sounds like a nice model though...

Does this work

spacer.png

• Like 1

Brilliant and great timing seeing this built up given I took delivery of my Z-M 129 kit only this morning. You have done a great job here and thanks for the warning about the decals. I am hoping for some AM decals or spray masks for east Front A/C to come out in the near future and will also do a winter white wash over-spray; so hopefully I won't have to worry about the tricky red coloured wing ones.

Great model and thanks for the pics!

Gary

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redcap said:

Brilliant and great timing seeing this built up given I took delivery of my Z-M 129 kit only this morning. You have done a great job here and thanks for the warning about the decals. I am hoping for some AM decals or spray masks for east Front A/C to come out in the near future and will also do a winter white wash over-spray; so hopefully I won't have to worry about the tricky red coloured wing ones.

Great model and thanks for the pics!

Gary

Thought you might like to see this.

Eureka!   For a reason unknown to me, I can now see the photos. 😀  I have no idea why but I'm so glad I can because that is a very nice 129!   Excellent build and a beautiful finish as well. :clap2: 

Some years ago, I built the AMT Hs-129B-3 in 1/48.   I choose to build mine with that honking big 75mm gun slung underneath.   It's a model that should have some new pics made as I only have one or two poor quality shots of her.

At the Cameron Airport

Hs%20129B%20at%20the%20airport.jpg?width

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Eureka!   For a reason unknown to me, I can now see the photos. 😀  I have no idea why but I'm so glad I can because that is a very nice 129!   Excellent build and a beautiful finish as well. :clap2: 

Some years ago, I built the AMT Hs-129B-3 in 1/48.   I choose to build mine with that honking big 75mm gun slung underneath.   It's a model that should have some new pics made as I only have one or two poor quality shots of her.

At the Cameron Airport

Hs%20129B%20at%20the%20airport.jpg?width

Ah, the mysterious world in the internet, glad you got to see the photos  and thanks for the comments. From what I gather ZM are going to produce an HS129 with bigger gun.

Jon

• Like 1