De Havilland Puss Moth - Avimodels 1/72

The fuselage is painted beige and decals are on! It was a real pleasure to work with them. There is white underlayer for the codes and Baťa logo.
I also started with the wash on the wings and tail.

The pace is steady!

P1560318 P1560317 P1560319 P1560320 P1560324

De Havilland Puss Moth Logo:

P1560322 P1560321 P1560325 P1560323

• Like 10

And the WINGS ARE ON!!!
Here we go - the whole aircraft together for the firts time! It was quite easy I have to say, well constructed kit indeed.

But lets start with wash - I completed weathering on the fuselage, then painted a black hole at the bottom of the nose and after that the varnish session came to the scene. I did different finish on the metal parts and on the fabric parts - these are matt, metal ale semi-gloss. During the curing, I prepared the rest of the small parts (except the wheels - those I have to scratch...ugh...)
And after that came time for adding the wighs to the fuselage. I used the CA glue for everything, so I hope it will not break somewhere until it's finished.

Tomorrow the rest I hope.

P1560330

P1560326 P1560328 P1560331 P1560332 P1560333 P1560334 P1560335 P1560336 P1560337 P1560338 P1560339 P1560341

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Moa said:

What a charming little Moth, and so skillfully built.

The model is so elegant... (I am biting my tongue as I say this)... may be remove a bit of the grim weathering on the nose?

I will shut up now.

Don't shut up Moa.  I agree with Moa these aircraft were the pride and joy of someone and they would be kept clean.   I will shut up now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Moa said:

What a charming little Moth, and so skillfully built.

The model is so elegant... (I am biting my tongue as I say this)... may be remove a bit of the grim weathering on the nose?

I will shut up now.

15 minutes ago, StephenCJ said:

Don't shut up Moa.  I agree with Moa these aircraft were the pride and joy of someone and they would be kept clean.   I will shut up now.

You both are right! :) 

I can see why you advise me to remove the wash. I was not sure about that either, but I wanted to represent this machine after the long distance flight from one branch of the Baťa company from Czechoslovakia to the Indian Baťa branch at Calcutta and back (over 25 000 km) and during the flight, I thought that oil tank and the engine covers were a little bit worn. And also the effect was ment be more shade than the actual oil stains. But I am just convincing myself that it is not so bad (even though I knou that it should be less distinctive...) :( 
It is bad becaouse the wash is under the layers of the varnish now, so it's even more tricky situation.
We will see what can I do with it.

Nevertheless thank you for your comments! I am glad to recieve them from you.

58 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Yesss! Good job!

Thanks Marcel, I hope you will also present your build here or at the MF :) I am courious too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your care, I tried to scrape off some wash on thenoil tank trough the varnish with tip of the very sharp tweezers, some went of but then I had to paint a small stain with beige again. Fortunately it will be under the oleo leg, so it is not big deal :)

I hope today I will manage to glue the landing gear together and finish some other details and after the weekend there will be also the wheels! Hurray! :D

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

spacer.pngThank Thank you so much for all this, I am going to try and copy some of your outstanding workmanship, so inspiring! The picture is of my first faltering steps, the registration on the fuselage came off on my fingertips and was missing in action so I have pretended that the Australian machine survived the bombing and was 'reborn' and commandeered by a maverick branch of the RAF for some nefarious purpose unknown.

Thank you again

Edited by Charlie Keyes
language