It's been another long while since I have posted anything here - I guess I have too many home projects!  

A pair of 1/72 Airfix kits.  Neither will see a competition table for sure!  The T.F. X is the wrong grey - Ocean Grey (it should be Extra Dark Sea Grey) over Sky (Xatracrylx paints).  The T.F. 10 has no crew! (long story but let's just say if you're building 2 at once - make sure the right belly pan goes on the right airplane!) It is EDSG over Sky (Gunze acrylic paints).  Fit is pretty good on the kits, details are noce too.  I can't judge the accuracy but I like them for sure!

Well here they are...

ACtC-3dVhE6pA7NjEqsHYQJT99x-QIstZxxGjE8F

ACtC-3fWVCAgdt3Gmg73ZIwNJ5pEdkBm4ZiXkXnM

ACtC-3dzCBLq9kQDrjM_ueW-Vh9olHp7qScvcdaD

ACtC-3dZceOw6M6uMI88Pz9UH4jWXIbOU05Zwqqv

ACtC-3eV-8aKvJs1cEP3pd2whlMFzaQagR3hnzD3

ACtC-3eBhg1fn4HzXceWt1UPbzaaFWOZW_LFIxh7

Edited by Bill Bunting
  • Like 28

Hiya Bill,.... long time no see and I hope you are keeping well,....and safe? I can only see one Beau,....PL-J,..... but it looks a beauty mate,....the EDSG often faded to an Ocean Grey looking colour anyway,......so no worries there! 

All the best mate

Tony

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Bill,.... long time no see and I hope you are keeping well,....and safe? I can only see one Beau,....PL-J,..... but it looks a beauty mate,....the EDSG often faded to an Ocean Grey looking colour anyway,......so no worries there! 

All the best mate

Tony

I have tried to redo the links, there should be 6 pics now. I hope it worked.

We are all well here, not much flying though. Just a couple flights in the Fleet Canuck.  The Cornell hasn't been up.  Most sad is that I was to be training in the Tiger Moth by now but no go for now.  Also we acquired an Auster A.O.P. VI last November but it too is not flying until this lockdown is over.  I hope before the end of the year but I guess we will see.  We've done some renos around the house and gardening is starting (it was -5C 3 days ago!). Just a bit of time to do models in all this though.  Oh well.

Hope that you and the family are well.  Cheers!

Edited by Bill Bunting

16 hours ago, Bill Bunting said:

I have tried to redo the links, there should be 6 pics now. I hope it worked.

We are all well here, not much flying though. Just a couple flights in the Fleet Canuck.  The Cornell hasn't been up.  Most sad is that I was to be training in the Tiger Moth by now but no go for now.  Also we acquired an Auster A.O.P. VI last November but it too is not flying until this lockdown is over.  I hope before the end of the year but I guess we will see.  We've done some renos around the house and gardening is starting (it was -5C 3 days ago!). Just a bit of time to do models in all this though.  Oh well.

Hope that you and the family are well.  Cheers!

That worked! That's a nice pair you've got there.

Sorry to hear about the lack of air time. A flight in a Tiger Moth would be great!

Chris

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

That worked! That's a nice pair you've got there.

Sorry to here about the lack of air time. A flight in a Tiger Moth would be great!

Chris

Thanks for the kind comments on the models. Not just a flight in the Tiger, I'm lucky to be one of the pilots at a flying museum. I currently fly their 1943 PT-26 Cornell and am set to get checked out and flying the 1943 Moth when we can get back to a more normal situation. She's a beauty and one of only 3 in Canada that the public can buy a ride in.

Cheers!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bill Bunting said:

Thanks for the kind comments on the models. Not just a flight in the Tiger, I'm lucky to be one of the pilots at a flying museum. I currently fly their 1943 PT-26 Cornell and am set to get checked out and flying the 1943 Moth when we can get back to a more normal situation. She's a beauty and one of only 3 in Canada that the public can buy a ride in.

Cheers!

Ooh! A flight in a Tiger Moth. I've had two flights in open cockpit aircraft. One in a 1940 WACO UPF-7 at The Reynolds Museum, at Wetaskiwin Alberta, and another in a 1931 Travelaire in Southern California.

35702871703_d174f946d7_c.jpg

27545605957_253736f9d3_c.jpg

Chris

• Like 2