Albatros D.Va 1/48 Eduard

Hi all

This is my last finished model, an Albatros from Eduard in 1/48.

Beautiful model, with a very good level of detail. But really hard to build, a test for our patience.

It's my first 1/48 wwI model, and the first time I do wood textures...

Cheers

R.

spacer.png

D85016F9-D6EB-440D-AF35-EA4045C952CA IMG_4806 066A97A8-E033-4CB9-8EB0-D8381872B834 IMG_4805 IMG_4807 IMG_4803 IMG_4801 IMG_4804 IMG_4794 IMG_4793 IMG_4796 IMG_4792 IMG_4809 IMG_4795 IMG_4796 IMG_4797 IMG_4798 IMG_4800

• Like 30

Hello, R -

A model to be proud of - good wood effect on fuselage and I liked the asbestos wrapped intake manifold on engine.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Truly outstanding work. Modelling - meaning: putting together bits of plastic, IS the test for our patience. Comparing what You did, to, ex. the WNW 1/32 kits put together, pushes You forward in the site rankings. Keep trying, You do great job. And stay in good health, because we all love Spain!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Hello, R -

A model to be proud of - good wood effect on fuselage and I liked the asbestos wrapped intake manifold on engine.

Regards

Dave

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, MacW said:

Truly outstanding work. Modelling - meaning: putting together bits of plastic, IS the test for our patience. Comparing what You did, to, ex. the WNW 1/32 kits put together, pushes You forward in the site rankings. Keep trying, You do great job. And stay in good health, because we all love Spain!

Thanks a lot, mate. I hope some day I will be able to put my fingers in a WnW Albatros ! (Lot of stash for the moment, lol)

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Excellent build. The rigging alone would have been a major challenge for me. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Incredible modelling! If I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was a 1/32 WnW!

2 hours ago, Parabat said:

That is fantastic, brilliant and effective finish wherever one looks.

Cheers!

Gorgeous finish!  I'm hoping the lozenge camouflage and is a decal?  Expertly weathered, especially the underside of the ribs and engine exhaust, and the paint job on the fuselage is superb, how did you get such a nice wood effect? Nice rigging too.  Who needs WNW kits for over £150 now?!

• Like 1

Love it, This was one of my first ww1 aircraft in 48 scale, sadly I spoiled it, i was new to rigging and wood texture painting etc. The Aircraft was broken by my parent now it has many missing parts but recently I tried to restore it, let see if I can, will share here once I am done restoring it. Cheers, this model of your brings back lots of memory.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Gorgeous finish!  I'm hoping the lozenge camouflage and is a decal?  Expertly weathered, especially the underside of the ribs and engine exhaust, and the paint job on the fuselage is superb, how did you get such a nice wood effect? Nice rigging too.  Who needs WNW kits for over £150 now?!

Thanks. Yes, lozenge is decal, all provided by the box, except for the wires. The wood effect, with lot of problems and bad results in some parts due to my inexperience, is made in a base of acrylic and then with ocre oils. The process is very long.

11 hours ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

5 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Love it, This was one of my first ww1 aircraft in 48 scale, sadly I spoiled it, i was new to rigging and wood texture painting etc. The Aircraft was broken by my parent now it has many missing parts but recently I tried to restore it, let see if I can, will share here once I am done restoring it. Cheers, this model of your brings back lots of memory.

3 hours ago, Doccur said:

Absolutely magnificent. I have always been fascinated by WW1 aviation but been put off by the struts and wires

Ash

20 minutes ago, Cellarfrog said:

NICE!!!!!!! 

Cheers...

the secret for the riggings is a nice product from Uschi. It’s an elastic rig that is more comfortable to put in place than the traditional stretched plastic sprue.... also can be found in Ammo Mig, same product but less quantity 

• Thanks 1

Very nicely done, she looks great!

One small point though, you have a hybrid D.V/Va. The difference is the aileron actuators. The D.V had torque tubes with the little fairings over the actuators just in front of the ailerons as on your model, and had control cables running up through the fuselage just in front of the cockpit to the wings which yours doesn't have. The Va ailerons were cable controlled and consequently no little fairings just in front of the ailerons but had instead the two wires from the lower wings up to the aileron actuators, which again you have. To make it correct for a Va you need to remove the little fairings in front of the ailerons. I think the little bubbles over the gun breeches were a D.V feature only too, although some D.Vs had them removed so not reliable for identification purposes (however if they are there, it's a V not a Va) - I'd have to double check on that one though.

Ian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Very nicely done, she looks great!

One small point though, you have a hybrid D.V/Va. The difference is the aileron actuators. The D.V had torque tubes with the little fairings over the actuators just in front of the ailerons as on your model, and had control cables running up through the fuselage just in front of the cockpit to the wings which yours doesn't have. The Va ailerons were cable controlled and consequently no little fairings just in front of the ailerons but had instead the two wires from the lower wings up to the aileron actuators, which again you have. To make it correct for a Va you need to remove the little fairings in front of the ailerons. I think the little bubbles over the gun breeches were a D.V feature only too, although some D.Vs had them removed so not reliable for identification purposes (however if they are there, it's a V not a Va) - I'd have to double check on that one though.

Ian

Thanks Ian, 

I just followed Eduard’s instructions and I doesn’t looked for any other info. 

But now reading you I will check it and try to fix it. 

Cheers!

Ricardo