Tamiya 1/72 Henschel HS 129

My latest build

The Tamiya 1/72 Henschel HS 129 B2. This is a rebox of an Italeri Kit. This is also painted with Tamiya Acrylics, which I used for the first time on the main body. The result is not my best work, in any case here it is.

I have done a full video build, which took longer than the kit to make so I hope you guys enjoy it. 

20200513_182751

20200513_182604

20200513_182804

20200513_182644

20200513_182716

Edited by Builder
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Nice build, great weathering and I've now developed an interest in make-up brushes.. ;) Watching the video, you seemed to be adding weights to the rear fuselage before closing the halves?  Not seen that on a tail dragger before..

12 hours ago, neil5208 said:

nice work looks good

12 hours ago, Werdna said:

Nice build, great weathering and I've now developed an interest in make-up brushes.. ;) Watching the video, you seemed to be adding weights to the rear fuselage before closing the halves?  Not seen that on a tail dragger before..

11 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Nice work. I have the Italeri kit to build at some time. So many kits, so little time.

Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it.

@Werdna, I just did that to give the model a bit of weight.

@Bangor it builds up nicely, though I think the panel lines are too shallow, a common fault amongst italeri kits.

• Like 1

Nice job.  Your weathering and dust effects are really cool (I may have to watch the video to see how it's done).

I find it quite an attractive plane, even though I have no kits of it in my stash.

I also wonder why Tamiya felt the need to adopt an Italeri kit on this one (and a few others).

Perhaps it was an attempt to break into a market they weren't imbedded in.

Anyway, you've done an awesome job!

:clap:

On 5/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, kapam said:

Nice job.  Your weathering and dust effects are really cool (I may have to watch the video to see how it's done).

I find it quite an attractive plane, even though I have no kits of it in my stash.

I also wonder why Tamiya felt the need to adopt an Italeri kit on this one (and a few others).

Perhaps it was an attempt to break into a market they weren't imbedded in.

Anyway, you've done an awesome job!

:clap:

23 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Nice build. And thanks for making the video, appreciate your efforts. :clap2:

Thanks. Appreciate the comments