Airfix 1/24 Hellcat F6F-5

There's no way, despite the best of efforts, that engine could be made to look more real than it already does. I'm overwhelmed! I would love to see closeups of the cockpit and instrument panel!

SAT69

I know I should have taken pics of the interior before sealing it up. Impossible now

This is all I have, not great   I've been thinking of another in FAA scheme and I will take pics of the interior.

BTW that is a map of the Phillipines you can sort of make out.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks Matt

The kit is an easy build and the instructions are outstanding, best I've ever seen. I really

liked their giving you the lengths of each spark plug wire and where they go. I deviated a bit and used

0.030" solder as it was easy to bend and looked good. The only real problem I had was the core of the engine

required a lot of filing and sanding before the cylinder assemblies would slide onto it. The other thing was the tabs on the

stabilizers are a little too long so they butt up against each other inside the tail and the stabs wouldn't fit tight. I trimmed

about 1.5mm off the tabs and problem solved the joint almost disappears. I would have liked to build it with only one

wing folded but even with both folded it barely fits my display cabinet. She's a big girl for sure.

Nigel's Model Bench has an excellent build log on this and I followed him all the way, Thanks Nigel.......

You will enjoy it and please keep the photos coming.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1