Aichi B7A1 Shooting Star, Fujimi 1/72

I've got tired of Japanese airplanes in the same color schema (dark green/IJN grey) so decided to do something different. This is old kit from the 80s.
Kit was ok, panel lines were lightly recessed - should've probably rescribe them but I didn't want to put much accent on it anyway. I thought it would look better in plain orange color.

First time I've tried to use pre-shading on a model - I thought it would look nice with orange color. Also first time I painted anything orange. I used black color for pre-shading but probably would have needed to use grey - it took me 6-7 coats of orange paint to make it look ok. And after all of that you can't really see much of pre-shading on the photos - trust me it looks better in real life 🙂

I also think I went too much on exhaust stains.
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

Edited by Xirurg
Fixed images
  • Like 15

That's very nice indeed.

I'm guessing that's a late-war type.  In spite of the desperation in their aircraft developments, they could still turn out some very elegant-looking planes.

I actually think your exhaust staining looks cool.

Great work all-round I reckon.

:thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, kapam said:

That's very nice indeed.

I'm guessing that's a late-war type.  In spite of the desperation in their aircraft developments, they could still turn out some very elegant-looking planes.

I actually think your exhaust staining looks cool.

Great work all-round I reckon.

:thumbsup:

I have to agree. The exhaust stains don't look overdone, especially when you consider how many exhaust stacks are seen on each side of the airplane.