Two Spits & a Hurricane - 1/48 Furlough builds!

Furlough = Output!

This year, my output is twice last year and we're only in May! Another three over the line with the two spits being built as part of the Spit GB and the hurricane tagged along as wingman!

The Hurricane is the Airfix kit which is rather nice. Spit AB264 is the Airfix kit too, although more tricky to build but looks nice when complete. JK792 is the Hasegawa kit, nice 'n simple. Weathering was done using soft pastels and oils. Not much to see in the builds as they are quite simple kits so on with the finished articles...

Firstly, Airfix Hurricane Tropical Mk.I W9293 of 73 Sqn, North Africa 1942 using Xtradecals

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Secondly, Airfix Spitfire Vb Tropical using the kit decals

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Last but not least, Hasegawa MkVb (possibly a Vc) Trop 40 Sqn SAAF based in Italy in 1944

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking :)

Cheers

Neil

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

That's a lovely looking trio.  Superb paint finishes and weathering.  I really like these Med Theatre schemes.  Sorry to be an annoying pedant, and I'm sure it's just a typo, but the Hurricane is from 73 Squadron, not 75.

• Thanks 1

Superb modelling Neil! Really nice paint work, and not overboard on the weathering - just the way I like it. And a great selection of schemes, too.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

That's a lovely looking trio.  Superb paint finishes and weathering.  I really like these Med Theatre schemes.  Sorry to be an annoying pedant, and I'm sure it's just a typo, but the Hurricane is from 73 Squadron, not 75.

Thanks, good spot and duly edited 

thanks for the comments guys, good fun builds and hoping to get some more single engines fighters over the line this year :)