Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Aggressor

Absolutely gorgeous finish is fantastic and all the better for being in flight. Did you make the stand yourself?

I'm not used to seeing amraams on aggressors, is this a thing? Certainly makes the model more interesting

Thanks Notty, yes the base is just some aluminium tube and a wooden flooring sample.

The instructions only called out for the AIM-9 and ACMI pod, but then I saw this pic (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9259493) which also shows the AIM-120's. I decided to go with that as prefer the look, although I didn't add the external tanks..

Edited by Mr Bowcat

6 minutes ago, Tokyo Raider said:

Wow...  I am in love...  I love aggressor schemes!  That looks GREAT!

Cheers. :)

5 minutes ago, viperchief said:

I maintained that Viper when she was assigned to Kunsan AB, South Korea! Outstanding work!!

Thank you Sir. :)

I guess that was before she was in the Splinter. Was it the Flanker scheme, or even earlier?

Now that is an unusual and equally brilliant F-16. I love this camo scheme, I've wanting to build one for years but haven't dared it so far.

Also unusual to see an airplane model in flight. I think most people believe it's a "waste", because one doesn't get to see much of the cockpit, I guess. But now that I see yours, I am changing my mind. It's totally worth it, gives a very special tone to it. Airplanes are made to fly, after all. :)

Great job!!!

Cheers guys. ;)

I like to model them in flight. It's true you don't get to see much of the cockpit, but then if it's wheels down you don't get to see much of the undercarriage or ordnance.

The previous 3 I built have also been in flight.

49138095813_18dcbcd04f_c.jpg

48371476527_5c260e63ac_c.jpg

48814002621_e8b26e3771_c.jpg

Edited by Mr Bowcat
  • Like 7