Special Hobby 1/48 T-2 Buckeye, camouflaged trainer #SH48129

Hello all.

I found some time tonight to complete and photograph the Buckeye.

Straight out of the box, apart from the 2 RBF-tags on the seats. Painted mainly with Gunze colours, according to the instructions. It's the second model I paint free-hand, and to be honest, I am not satisfied. I think it looks more "to scale" if I mask with white tac. Anyway. Without further ado, I (kind of) proudly present:

Below the RfI photos you'll find the link to the short WIP as well as a couple of "indiscreet" photos, that show some faulty details.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A few more photos, as links, in order to help the page load a bit faster:

Under-1.jpg port-front-1.jpg nose-starboard1.jpg nose-port1.jpg Fuselage-starboard1.jpg Cockpit-starboard.jpg Cockpit-front-starboard1.jpg

Without the canopy, a better look at the cockpit:

topview.jpg port-no-canopy.jpg cockpit-no-canopy.jpgfront-top.jpg

And my bloopers:

wing-logo-1.jpg wing-broken-tip.jpg belly-clearfix-1.jpg

I thought this was a small aircraft, until I tried to place it in my display and realised that its size is actually rather decent:

spacer.png

I know, I need to improve my "photo studio".

At the end of the day, I did actually enjoy this build and I think I want to build another one, with the blue and white roundels this time.

Next up, IRIAF F-14A Tomcat, aka a Persian cat... :)

Thank you for dropping by and watching. :)

Take care of yourselves.

Edited by nasosrr
Added a photo
  • Like 16

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I've already spotted some more issues, like the fact that the level edges where the closed canopy sits (what is this part called? ) need to be repainted (I missed them), but they will be tackled with in due time.

@ForestFan the canopy was kind of a nemesis for me as well. But aside from the fact that the fit between the windshield and the fuselage was a disaster (or rather I made it a disaster) and that the material is so soft that makes handling a real pain, it wasn't as bad as I initially dreaded. A new blade on your scalpel, lots of patience, great lighting and you're good to go. There are also two canopies in the kit, in case you fail with your first attempt. And besides........ the canopy isn't the worst problem you'll be faces with when building this kit, so don't let it put you off. :D

@markmcguire25 Wow, great! And thanks! It means a lot coming from someone who knows what the kit is like. :) :):) Can I see yours somewhere? I'll search for it.

• Thanks 1