Hi All. Here my Stu.G III early prduction I made some times ago. The model is from Tamiya range, kit no 35197 built straight from the box. I only added some photoetched parts from Royal Model such as metal rail on deck and Friul Model tracks. The ammo boxes, drum, jerrycans and weapons came from Tamiya accessories. The non standard, civilian skis are an artist guesswork which added some colour and came from Dragon set.

The winter camo scheme was made with Tamiya acrilics. Washing was made with Black Humbrol and coloured pastels (brown, yellow, black and light earth).

The antenna on port side came from the first idea to depict a Stu.G III from Funklenk Abteilung 302. Later I change my mind and “attached” this assault gun to 2nd battery of Stu.G Brigade 202 which fought its fierce battles in Kurland pocket in march 1945 till the end of the war.

Sorry for bad pics!

Hope you like.

Ciao

Filippo

2xN3V9Q.jpg

IrFpSI1.jpg

ZxuwbfQ.jpg

qf8fu8f.jpg

eydUzJH.jpg

Nnd5kSL.jpg

ITZHYDJ.jpg

i2WfwB1.jpg

M5JTTDc.jpg

qRKKCtS.jpg

2dqAHf5.jpg

cJqiaty.jpg

1PzUbUn.jpg

osGmSgS.jpg

ARqxnNN.jpg

vuGVlrg.jpg

mfXHgj8.jpg

z5MM0pK.jpg

QRFCIc8.jpg

• Like 18

That's great, I like the fine attention to detail, like the camo area around the cross which was marked off to apply the white distemper camo.

• Thanks 1

Superb and packed with so much detail. Excellant paintwork and weathering with lots of interesting touches.

Nicely photographed too, btw.

Great work. :thumbsup:

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Really great STUG, your painting and weathering job is awesome mate, The only thing what i dont like are the tracks, coz they hang too much, i would recommend to remove one or two links.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stix, Steve, Parabat, Darryl and Neil, many thanks for your kind words!

Thank you Werner, you're right. I noticed what you said. I think Friul tracks are very heavy (in comparison ie to Modelkasten) and time after time they tend to relax. Anyway I'll follow your advice👍

Ciao 

Filippo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty impressive Phil. I love the Stug family and waiting eagerly for Trumpeter's 1/16 version

of the Stug III G.  I have only ever built one, a Bronco Stug III and it turned out decent but I need

a bigger one, these things are pretty dinky.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1