Aircraft Paint Stand Review

Our Aircraft Paint Stand has always been a popular item.  MOS6510 Models has done a review of it on YouTube and has some useful advice - 

IMG_0105-600x600.png

Edited by Andy G
Changed image for a smaller version

In a similar way I glued some strips of anti-slip matting to the tops of the supports. It makes the aircraft sit without any real chance of movement and protects the paint. It is useful stuff and cheaply available at most catalogue stores in big rolls.

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...

Lovely bit of kit, this!

Mine arrived this morning, along with the Hand Rest. I've not used either yet, but the quality is obvious just by looking at the product . . .

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It's simple and well thought out. The review is well done. Deffinetley leaning towards this jig. Seems the other ones get ridiculously complicated. I also like your afv one. Can use that for afv's or to hold fuselage halves to work on the insides. Very impressed with what your company has to offer. Any plans on a spray booth with an airbrush holder and turntable?

Tim

• Like 1

I think this is a great bit of kit. The only improvement I could imagine is to somehow have it fit in one of the modular storage drawers to stow it away when not in use.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 7:26 AM, Plastimic said:

It's simple and well thought out. The review is well done. Deffinetley leaning towards this jig. Seems the other ones get ridiculously complicated. I also like your afv one. Can use that for afv's or to hold fuselage halves to work on the insides. Very impressed with what your company has to offer. Any plans on a spray booth with an airbrush holder and turntable?

Tim

Hi Tim,

We may at some point produce a spray booth.  There's nothing planned in the immediate future though we did produce a custom one last year for a customer.  An airbrush stand is likely as I could do with one myself.  We won't produce a turntable as 'lazy susans' (cake turntable) are cheaply and readily available.

There is one fly in the ointment - currently we can't ship to North America due to insurance issues.  We'll review this again in the future but at the moment the insurance costs are far higher than the sales have been.

Cheers

Andy