Citadel Space Marine Captain

Firstly I ummed and ah'd about where to put this - figures or sci fi? In the end went figures, but if it should have been in the sci fi section then my unending apologies!

I have to confess being a wargamer, and while I do play historical stuff I predominantly buy from the 'evil empire' and buy Games Workshop stuff. I find the models and the background irresistable - clearly I am weak 🥺   Anyway, I have been building my own custom chapter of Space Marines called the 'Iron Chimerae', and this chap is to be a leader. Armed with a jump pack and a massive hammer, the idea is he will fly forwards and smash evil doers in the face. This scheme was designed to look good but be quick to paint by focussing on the main features your eye is drawn to such as the face and in this case the hammer. I really tried to get the fade on the hammer and the jet pack here, and have learnt a lot from doing it. really want to try some more now. Hope you like, and thanks for looking!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Zoso
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Great figure. The glow from the hammer and especially the jump pack are incredible! Could be mistaken for having led's fitted! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2020 at 21:58, fatfingers said:

Great figure. The glow from the hammer and especially the jump pack are incredible! Could be mistaken for having led's fitted! 

Regards,

Steve

Crikey, praise indeed! Thank you very much for the comment :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 9:58 PM, fatfingers said:

I thought the same thing.  The face, the armour, the base - cracking paint job all around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...