Lockdown Albatros (1/32 WNW Albatros D.V)

Pardon the self-indulgence as I try out the posting process, but this model finally rolled out of the workshop, not least assisted by the solitude and time permitted under the present conditions.  Second one I've built, the first was created under rather fraught conditions and didn't get past the final assembly.  Very nice kit finished with AK Interactive paints, Pheon markings combined with those from the kit and Uschi vdr wood panelling decals.

DSC_0020

DSC_0013

DSC_0010

(Ah-hah, he says, I think I've got it figured . . .)

Edited by Dave Batt
Deep thought . . .
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful Albatros sir :worthy:... Cant wait till I can build mine.

There's a lot of truth been said about keeping the gluing areas clear of paint as the fit is so precise, but I'd go a step further: do NOT fix the position of the formers A29 and A22 (the latter being the 'big 'un' that carries the fuel tanks and magazines) until when the centre section struts are fitted.  If they're misaligned by so much as half-a-mil the struts will be all askew, the top wing won't fit and there's nothing you can do about it.  I'm planning the next one (got the Green Tail Trilogy) and am considering leaving the engine bearers out until the C/S struts are in place to help with this.  The lower wings are a terrific friction fit to the fuselage and I think I'll leave the final gluing until the interplane V-struts are fitted to again allow for some crucial adjustment.

Don't forget to scratch build and fit the radiator shutter lever under the trailing edge of the top wing where the pilot could grab it with his right hand, if the louvred radiator is used.

Edited by Dave Batt
Deep thought . . .
  • Thanks 1