Airfix, fieseler storch

@Jinxman @PlaStix, @modelling minion , @Dansk  @Learstang, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, thanks very much guys,i appreciate it ,its good to finally get a bit of time for modelling and  tinternet browsing, glad you like it so far , but i reckon the canopy is going to look best masked up, due  to a little distortion and thickness,and the fact its three pieces glued together,  (i know fogged a up canopy was the norm back then) it did only cost me £7‐00, but i reckon i removed at least £5‐00 worth of flash

Glynn

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

That’s looking great. I need a Storch kit to go with my Spitfire

Maybe the academy 72nd kit would be a slightly better choice H, just a tad more up to date ,(about 30 years) although  it may come in at more than the £7‐00 i paid for this ,

Cheers H

13 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

That's looking a little gem Glynn great work to date.

Thanks steve,glad you like it so far

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Hey Glynn, reckon your Storch will sneak over the finish line by Sunday night?

Yes craig, it really ought to, i can't  do this multiple gb juggling,  but all my efforts will transfered over to the little stork👍

• Like 1

Bugger! Green squiggles be dammed,  ok hands up ,i thought the paint looked ok before my attempt to apply the green squiggles,  but alas they were beyond me ,after a lame attempt ,a rapid repaint was the order of the day in a vain attempt to save face 🙄, here it is with its warts,

Apologies to paul and craig for long periods of inactivity, in what has been a superb gb

2mbPHSL.jpg

A6oUcbt.jpg

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

always beyond my abilities) she looks great.

Well done mate.

Flipping well mine too, i had a great idea (🤔) well i thought it was , a felt tip pen! Do the squiggles in that and  "bobs your old ladys brother" ooh dear, out with the pencil and a light draw of the lines and onto the felt tip(no practice) , it did not go well, first off the choice of felt tip, it might have been a bit harsh chemically,  one pass was ok two passes stripped the paint below 😳 believe it or not i cracked on, thinking a bit of weathering would disguise it 😋 nope , lol sometimes they turn out ,somtimes not!

Cheers craig  I'm  glad you like the fall out! , 

Ps ,the canopy took a stupid amount of time to get that clear,😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey if we don't try these things Glynn then we will never know if they work or not, she turned out great in the end mate.

And you have nothing to apologise to Paul and I about, life gets in the way for all of us and this is just a hobby, and besides that I think that you have helped a lot.

• Thanks 1

wow Glynn that looks amazing! If any of my builds ever got to look that good I’d be seriously happy.

No worries with everything, hope all is good and thanks for all your input along the gb 👍💪👌🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1