Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Hello, 

Here is my second quarantine build, it's a kit I have had for around 20 years I think, its actually a really nice kit, only needing minor details. Painted with humbrol enamels, Alclad chrome and oils. I have added bonnet straps from tamiya curve tape and fuse wire. also made decals for the dashboard and number plates and added a couple of tiny gems for lights. The windscreen was replaced with kettle mesh, a lit of fun for £3.99 :)

Andy.

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

Airfix 1/32 Bentley

• Like 22

What a superb result you've managed with this kit. The bonnet straps alone are excellent but the paintwork and detailing are equally as good. Really like this Andy brilliant work well done 👍

• Like 1

Ta' very much chaps,

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Just how did you get the lid off that Airfix paint pot

I must confess this is just a period correct prop, I have a load that were my dads from when he was a kid dotted round the display cabinet :) I did try removing the lids but yeah, they are more stuck than sticky the stick insect stuck on a sticky bun 😁 although the pot of paint I used is probably about 20yrs old. 

Andy.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

:) I did try removing the lids but yeah, they are more stuck than sticky the stick insect stuck on a sticky bun 😁 

I haven't stopped laughing yet 🤣🤣 My wife thinks I've been drinking 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

It definitely doesn't look 1/32 - great work (as shown very well in the build thread), and it's only the photo with the paint pot (which may well be older than me) which shows just how small it is. :yes:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...