Porsche 930 (911 Turbo) Le Mans 1975 class winner, Fujimi, 1/24

Inspired by an article in a recent Octane Magazine, this is the Fujimi "911 Turbo '76" kit with a bunch of parts from a "spares or repairs" 911 Rally kit and wheels from Renaissance, intended for an Opel Manta/Ascona -- the only BBS set I could find with five lugs instead of the single centre lock nut used on 934/935 racers...

with-mag-3.jpg

magazine-cover-1.jpg

front-view.jpg

left-front-2.jpg

left-profile.jpg

low-front-left-corner.jpg

low-rear-left.jpg

rear-right.jpg

right-profile.jpg

low-front-right.jpg

open-bonnet.jpg

front-view-2.jpg

with-mag-1.jpg

best,

M.

• Like 19

Great job on this looks a perfect replica to me. I'm currently working on a fujimi Porsche 911 atm the first fujimi kit I've built and other than the odd bit of clean up which is normal for all kits I'm quite impressed. The engine in particular is very detailed and pretty good oob imo.

Well done mate look forward to seeing more of your work soon 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

I think the front wheel arch mods were a success!

Thanks, all... @ElectricLightAndy  @gt6mkiii ... It's interesting: you can see from the profile pic in the magazine above that the front wheel arches on this car are a semicircular arch, but if you look at say, a Carrera 2.7RS from 1973, the Fujimi arches with the "shoulder" are accurate for that car, and the squaring off is even more obvious for the rear wheel arches. I think it must be different because of the flares on the Turbo  body, and Fujimi trying to keep the same main body mould across multiple EM 911 kits...

best,

M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Fujimi trying to keep the same main body mould across multiple EM 911 kits...

I think you're right on the differences in the arches between the 911s but it feels like the squared off arches were also translated to Fujimi's 964 which to my limited knowledge would be a totally different mould. It's always felt to me like the arches were too long - stretched across the middle.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...