Spitfire IX ML135 YO-D - Eduard 1/48

Hi all,

Here's another Spitfire off the production line (5 out of 8!). Eduard's 1/48 Spitfire IX, absolutely fantastic kit, possibly a little over-engineered. Painted as Jerry Billing's Spitfire IX, 401 Sqn, weathered to represent the aircraft as it may have looked after some time based at an Advanced Landing Ground in Normandy in summer 1944.

Painted using Hataka paints and weathered using oils - this is my first attempt at heavy weathering using oils as well as my first attempt at D-Day stripes (which I painted by first using masking tape, then brush painting the edges to make it a little less neat). I'm really happy with how it's turned out, it's a great addition to my growing Spitfire collection.

Spitfire Mk.IX ML135/YO-D flown by Flying Officer J. Billing, No. 401 Squadron RCAF, B4 Beny-sur-Mer, France, June 1944.

IMGP0633

P

IMGP0627

IMGP0628

IMGP0629

IMGP0630

IMGP0625

IMGP0638

IMGP0641

IMGP0645

CAT!

IMGP0636

IMGP0635

IMGP0647

IMGP0649

Oops, forgot to put in the glass for the downwards ID lamp.

Thanks for looking!

Ben

Edited by wellsprop
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

That's a lovely model, very well done! When I forget to put in glass to little things like that I use humbrol clearfix to make it. You just wipe it on with a toothpick and its like magic!