Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A ..........blimey finished one.

This lockdown situation gave me a little more time to do some modelling. I have given up on 1/32 and 1/24 i think. I keep buying them , then loads of aftermarket , starting them , getting bored with them and selling them on. Time for a change. I want to build good quality models , that actually fit on a shelf. I will not be using aftermarket if i can help it.  I have been getting more into the Pacific Theatre and so have decided to go with planes from that. I will be sticking to Accurate miniatures or italeri , Tamiya and Hasegawa. I really dont have the patience for poor fitting kits anymore.

This kit has really bought the fun back into modelling. Beautifully detailed and easy to build. I have a great time just building from the box. The problem is i think i need the rest of the F4U line now!

Apologies for pics i took them on my Iphone

LN7CEGa.jpg

Gmev1Pu.jpg

1qo2wXc.jpg

PRMoG1S.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I really like what you did with the landing gear wells and the exhaust staining on the underside. Glad to hear it was a fun build. Like you, I don't have the patience for kits that don't fit well. Puttying and sanding are not my favorite parts of model building, thought I've done and still do quite a bit, given the nature of my kit stash.

• Like 1