F-86K German Air Force, Kitty Hawk, 1:32

15 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Hello Mathias

because i have still same kit in my stash, i was really excited to watch all your pics of your super model, you made a great job again, hat down.

Yes i heard about some fit issues too, espcially the front air intake right?

yes, the intake is the worst area, so I used a selfe-made cover for that🙂

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, twinpin said:

A fantastic build with great paintwork and photography..   Do you have any pics showing the (missing from the kit} fuselage air intakes and where they are located  ?. 

You can see this intake (it is on both sides) here:

comp-F-86-D-29.jpg

Strange, the boxart of the Kit showing off this detail, but you find nothing inside. To make thinks more complicated you find the intakes inside the box of the KH F-86D model, even though its not necessary for the D-model...!

So is it correct that this is the long wedge shaped piece and you have used the part from the F86D on your F86K. ?

It really is a great build,

Thanks again

17 hours ago, twinpin said:

So is it correct that this is the long wedge shaped piece and you have used the part from the F86D on your F86K. ?

It really is a great build,

Thanks again

Yes, the correct long fuselage you find in the F-86K box, this is Ok. But they just forgot the air intakes for the German version. On the other Hand in the F-86D box there is as well the correct smaller fuselage, but here you find the intakes, wich are unusable for this Version. really strange... .