Accidentally used cleaner as thinner πŸ™ˆ

Fletch0311

In my defence the Vallejo Airbush Cleaner and Airbrush Thinner bottles are really similar 😏, but I used the cleaner by mistake when thinning and didn't realise until I had pretty much finished spraying - however I can report that the finish was decent and didn't appear different once dried......you'd never know!Β πŸ˜†

Β 

Good to know ifΒ I run out of thinners there's always a back up! πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ†

Β 

Β 

Well, you should not really be surprised, I ALWAYS use thinner as cleaner or cleaner as thinner because basically it is the same stuff, for Vallejo acrylics is it .... water.

Knowing basic chemistry really helps to save a quid or two, just today I had received a parcel with 1 liter of IPA and 1 liter of MEK, it means I'm not buying any acrylic thinners/cleaners for another 2-3 years and plastic glue for another 5-7 years for the fraction of the cost

Β 

5 minutes ago, Pin said:

Well, you should not really be surprised, I ALWAYS use thinner as cleaner or cleaner as thinner because basically it is the same stuff, for Vallejo acrylics is it .... water.

Knowing basic chemistry really helps to save a quid or two, just today I had received a parcel with 1 liter of IPA and 1 liter of MEK, it means I'm not buying any acrylic thinners/cleaners for another 2-3 years and plastic glue for another 5-7 years for the fraction of the cost

Β 

Not knowing chemistry is my downfall. But thanks for the reply, I'll definitely look into that. I've followed the advice that's its best to use the appropriate thinner from the paint manufacturer you are using.

5 minutes ago, Fletch0311 said:

I've followed the advice that's its best to use the appropriate thinner from the paint manufacturer you are using.

Nothing wrong with this,Β safe but far more expensive path