Court airlines yellow & pink colours

Hi  folks,

Has anybody got paint matches for the above colour schemes? I was presented with an ex travel shop Space Models BAC  111 (1/72?) a couple of months ago in the yellow scheme, a bit worse for wear and needs some damage repaint. Also have found, in the loft, a part built Heller 1/125 scale Tristar which is now under repair. Rather fancy doing this in the pink scheme. I know decals are a problem and am going to contact Ray at 26 Decals to see if he can produce a set of his at a reasonable price.

Dave

I can't help with the yellow/orange but a few years ago I built a model of Tristar G-BAAB "Halcyon Breeze" in all her pinkness.

For the light pink on top I used Tamiya TS-25, the medium pink was supplied as part of the decals so I didn't have to match it and for the salmon pink on the bottom I used a custom aerosol matched to RAL3017.  One word of warning, the light pink faded badly after only a few months. I have no explanation for this, it's not as if the model was kept in bright sunlight or anything obvious, but it's something you might want to bear in mind.

Hope that's some limited help

Dave G

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave,

Decals are unfortunately a no go, so looks like a make them myself job. I have found a rattle can of pink which is not a million miles away from the lightest, and another in Wilko which is a match for the darker pink. Just the last one to find, will have to put this one on the back burner for now until I can get the RAL colour chart from son-in-law.

Thanks for your help.

Dave M