Saab Tunnan

grufsnik

Sorry to jump in at the last moment but have only just come back to the hobby, only to find this GB nearly over 😱. So if I could quickly jump in with this quick build that would be great. 

An old airfix/Heller kit in a taped up bag (£3)from a show somewhere (who knows where) 

DSC_0772

DSC_0769

DSC_0770

DSC_0771

Right off to do some more,thanks for looking. 

G

• Like 5

Thanks Exdraken, I think a Tunnan fits in nicely with the GB just a shame I have arrived so late, though that's better than not at all. 

So the build is moving along with the body tub together, cockpit in and other prep ready. 

Once the chin is on and air intake in, there will be a lot of filling and sanding to do which is often the case with old kits. 

Thanks for looking. 

G

DSC_0774

• Like 2

welcome along G, it's never too late to join a GB......well in the final day it might be!

We've had a few of these wee barrels in the GB, so always good to see another, and you looked to have gotten it at a good price as well.

Good to see you're off and running.

Again welcome to your 1st GB (???) and back to the fold of modelling! :D

5 hours ago, Christer A said:

Great, another Tunnan!

That old Heller kit as quite a little gem actually.

Did you add enough nose weight?

Yes not a bad little kit, as for the nose weight, well we shall see 😁 😂 but I think so!! 

• Like 1

A bit more done, some primer and then humbrol 191 put on with a hairy stick, sorry nothing fancy here, just some enamels as that's the colors I've got. 

A bit of a tidy up tomorrow and then hopefully a bit more paint. 

DSC_0777

DSC_0775

DSC_0776

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 3

Thanks folks, I'd forgotten how tricky it can be painting a metalic color with a hairy stick, it's not too bad for a first go. 

And I'd forgotten the smell of enamel paints, takes me back to my childhood!! 

Camo scheme on with a little touching up left for tomorrow along with some black underwing markings. 

Tiz moving along so hope to finnsh by the end of the weekend. 

DSC_0778 DSC_0779

Thanks for looking and the kind comments, all the best. 

G

• Like 3

Talk about Blitz-build!

This will be done in no time, not at all like my Tunnan.

Minor nitpick: the camo you've painted was tested on the Recon Tunnans, but you put the fighter nose on with 4x 20mm guns instead of the recon nose.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:41 AM, Christer A said:

Talk about Blitz-build!

This will be done in no time, not at all like my Tunnan.

Minor nitpick: the camo you've painted was tested on the Recon Tunnans, but you put the fighter nose on with 4x 20mm guns instead of the recon nose.

Yup I know, hind sight is a wonderful thing isn't it, I didn't use the other nose cone in the kit cos it wasn't such a good fit, so used this one. Then in my rush/excitement got slap happy with the paint!! Then to quote Mr Simpson DOH!! 

Well if I didn't muck something up it wouldn't be the same, not sure if I can be bothered to change it now, I'll have a look and see. 

G

Edited by grufsnik

Had a re-think today with regards to paint scheme which I got wrong(stupid boy Pike), so decided a quick rub down with some wet & dry paper and have another go with the all bare metal finish with orange tips for the Austrain version. 

DSC_0781

It's not too bad from about 10ft away, oh well. 

Finnished pics will be up tomorrow. 

Thanks for looking, sorry for the late rush. 

G

• Like 2

it's a shame you had to re-paint her, but it looks like you've recovered ok.  :thumbsup:

Don't feel too bad if it isn't the greatest close up....we all have models like that!! :whistle:  Just one of the never ending joys of this hobby!!  :D

The important thing is you have some fun with it, plus every model helps to brush-up your skills.

• Like 2

Thanks tricky rich, I've looked again this morning and it's not too bad as the decals help to draw you away from the worst of the paint(where's a good tigermeet scheme when you want one). 

The last components go on tonight with pics on Saturday I expect, I'm on a later shift today so I'll see what time I get home. 

All the best, 

G

• Like 2

Well better late than ever, dam life keeps getting in the way of the fun things you want to do. 

All done apart from the satin varnish has gone rather flat!! So a touch of something a little more shiny might be needed after all. 

DSC_0795 DSC_0796 DSC_0797 DSC_0798

Sorry it wasn't finnished at the correct time, but it was a short sweet bit of fun. 

Thanks for looking, stay safe. 

G

• Like 5

well done on finishing her, it may have not been in time but at least you can say she's done! :thumbsup:

She's certainly does look nice and bright in that scheme.

Thank you for joining the GB, even though you didn't finish in time it's still all about enjoying the build and I hope you did, it was great that you could join us here. :thumbsup:

Hopefully we'll see you for Pt2! :D

• Like 1