1/32 Wingnut Wings Sachsenberg's Fokker DVII (Fok) October 1918

Continuing a recent theme of WW1 German naval aircraft, here's Gotthard Sachsenberg's colourful DVII,  CO of Marine Jagdgruppe Flandern. 

spacer.png T

34a242db-1b97-4b66-bafa-84b31371544b.jpg

spacer.png

fbb344b8-b716-45e9-939c-d04e781d3f78.jpg

29c77588-b721-41df-88e9-0b2139dbc193.jpg

This was built pretty much out of the box. If I was doing it again, I'd replace the Wingnut lozenge decals with Aviattic decals. 

• Like 30

That's a beautiful paintwork for the D.VII. I admire your patience with the diamond pattern (decals?). The Marinejagdgruppen had a number of very colourful machines.

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments. The markings are all decals. Here's a photo in the photobox:

spacer.png

Edited by iang
  • Like 1

John,

According to the Wingnut Wings instructions, the black irregular marks are thought to be reinforcement to the central ribs with black glue.

IG

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iang said:

John,

According to the Wingnut Wings instructions, the black irregular marks are thought to be reinforcement to the central ribs with black glue.

IG

Thanks Ian. I wouldn’t have got that!  I wonder why they didn’t paint over it after doing it given the trouble gone to over the paint job on the rest of her

Lovely! I have this kit and was wondering which option to go for, I think my mind is made up now, I'll do this one!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

• 9 months later...