TWO SPITFIRES AND A SEAFIRE

Here's 3 models I did over on the 'Spitfire/Seafire' GB.

The first Spit' is the new tool Airfix in early Mk I guise, OOB. A very pleasant build with no problems.  The second is Airfix's older Mk I boxing from the 70's that I picked up at a charity shop for £2, complete except for decals. I used the parts and decals to represent the Mk IIa version from the new boxing. I would have done it the other way round but the new flat canopy would not fit the old kit. I did attempt to do some panel scribing but gave it up as a bad job, need to practice that one! Just drilled little holes for the engine cover fastenings, replacing the huge screw heads! Didn't do any detailing in the cockpit but did add the pilot which I don't normally do for an aircraft on the ground. He's waiting patiently for the off!

DSC_0026 DSC_0029 DSC_0030 DSC_0033 DSC_0032 DSC_0034

The next kit is Sword's Seafire Mk IIc.  A straightforward build, just needed more care at some points, namely cockpit interior parts and main wing.

All the models were painted using Vallejo ModelAir paints, decals applied with 'Klear' acrylic polish and Vallejo Matt Varnish.

Davey.

DSC_0013 DSC_0016 DSC_0014

DSC_0022

• Like 22

Great looking trio.

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jean said:

Great looking trio.

Congrats!

JR

2 hours ago, Aces High said:

Lovely! You've done a great job on all of them!

2 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Very nice collection, great modelling !

Wulfman

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a cracking trio, great work fella

All the best

Chris

Thanks for the kind words people.  After looking at the photo's a couple of times, even though the new tool Spit' is a nice build I just wish Airfix wouldn't overdo their panel lines, it looks a bit like a Corgi replica. I think the 70's one still looks good. 

The Sword kit has the finest surface detail, like MPM and SH, Eduard and the rest.  I still like Airfix's new tools though, got plenty of them to do!

Davey.

• Like 1

Very nice trio.

I saw the title and thought it was the start of a joke. You know " two spitfires and a seafire walk in to a bar......."

Don't ask me for the rest of the joke, that's not my forte, sorry.

• Like 1

Lovely builds, all three; especially like the black and white undersides and the weird Munich Crisis wing roundels! Oddly, I've found, in real life, I don't notice the heavy handed panel lines quite so much. But maybe I just slather on more coats of paint than you! One small point, I have a suspicion the Mk Is aerial mast is on upside down.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

Lovely builds, all three; especially like the black and white undersides and the weird Munich Crisis wing roundels! Oddly, I've found, in real life, I don't notice the heavy handed panel lines quite so much. But maybe I just slather on more coats of paint than you! One small point, I have a suspicion the Mk Is aerial mast is on upside down.

Thanks. Blast and @#?!! Your right, just got the instructions out the recycle bin we have in the kitchen. I may put things right, but then I'll have to fight with the Uschi stuff. I wouldn't care, but with the Sea Hurricane I'm working on at the moment, using the new Airfix kit with an Alleycat conversion, the fuselage has much finer panel lines, as do the wings which aren't used. Different designers perhaps?