Hobbyboss A-6a Intruder

Hi folks,

This is the Hobbyboss A-6a in the markings of Marine Sqn, VMA (AW) 224. I must say there is a lot of bang for the buck in this kit and it's quite a large aircraft. I really enjoyed the build. Sprayed with MRP, it has a realistic load of Rockeyes. Due to weight restrictions this was the amount it could lift off the deck of the deck of USS Coral Sea.

Some filler was used around the nose and the exhausts.

Hobbyboss A-6e Intruder

Hobbyboss A-6e Intruder

Hobbyboss A-6e Intruder

IMG_20191005_125457

IMG_20191005_125420~2

IMG_20191005_125616

IMG_20191005_125636 IMG_20191005_125559 IMG_20191005_125653 IMG_20191005_125517

• Like 56
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, James G said:

Fantastic build, thanks for sharing. It's 1/32 I assume?

Thanks. It's 1/48. I believe Trumpeter (or was it Hobbyboss)  also did it in 1/32 and this is the scaled down version 

Wonderful, had the choice between this model and the Kinetic offering, wish I’d gone hobbyboss as the Kinetic model is fighting me all the way and the instructions are the worst I ever seen, vague is an understatement! 
Your model is something to aspire to!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmerboy said:

Wonderful, had the choice between this model and the Kinetic offering, wish I’d gone hobbyboss as the Kinetic model is fighting me all the way and the instructions are the worst I ever seen, vague is an understatement! 
Your model is something to aspire to!

Thanks Farmerboy. All the best with yours!

• Thanks 1

Fantastic Intruder, looks very purposeful with that load-out.  I am just putting the finishing touches to a 72 scale version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Super Intruder!   That's very striking and an example of superb scale modeling; so well done! :worthy:

:)...from one Intruder number 501 to another:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235057026-revell-148-grumman-a6-e-tram-intruder-vm-85-libya-raider/

Thank you and yours is lovely too!

8 hours ago, RMCS said:

Fantastic 

Thanks Spreckers!

• Like 1

A great model of a Intruder, like the weathering job much, but what is not so my taste, is the nose, i dont know why maybe it is still too clean in compare to the rest of the aircraft.

7 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

A great model of a Intruder, like the weathering job much, but what is not so my taste, is the nose, i dont know why maybe it is still too clean in compare to the rest of the aircraft.

I know what you mean. Perhaps some fading or some dirt to break up the colour.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 85sqn said:

I know what you mean. Perhaps some fading or some dirt to break up the colour.

No need to obsess over it!  All it needs is a couple of greasy handprints from folks on the flightdeck.  There's nothing like cleaning/ waxing/ polishing something to a perfect finish only to look at it 5 minutes later to see a todler's handprint/ dog's paw print/ bird dropping right in the middle of it! 🙂

Lovely model of a legendary Cold War jet from a historic cruise!   

• Like 1