Airfix Spitfire FR Mk XIV

Hi all

I want to show off this example of Airfix Spitfire mk XIV that I got for Christmas from my sons (after buying it myself). After seeing one fly at Flying legends at Duxford last summer I knew i had to get this model Airfix released this earlier this year.

Built mostly out of the box, but added the Löök instrument panel and seat belts from Eduard. The kit is not the very best, with some iffy fit issues especially around the fuel tank cover and the wing cannons doesn't really fit. I would also wish the trailing edges were thinner. After some filling and sanding it did build up really nice after all.

It was finished with Mission Models acrylics that I really start to like to use, Tamiya weathering masters pigments and some oil brusher from Mig on the underside.

So here it is, comments and tips are welcome.

Regards, Isak

DSC_0133

DSC_0135

DSC_0140

DSC_0142

DSC_0143

DSC_0145 DSC_0147

DSC_0149

DSC_0151

DSC_0154

DSC_0158

DSC_0160

DSC_0162

• Like 21

That looks very very good. I always like hearing how a kit goes together, so thank you for providing that information.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Isak said:

I want to show off this example of Airfix Spitfire mk XIV that I got for Christmas from my sons (after buying it myself). After seeing one fly at Flying legends at Duxford last summer I knew i had to get this model Airfix released this earlier this year.

Hi Isak. I too buy my Christmas to give to myself, (at least you get what you want)  Very nice Spitfire, but until Eduard or Tamiya make a Griffon engine variant we are stuck with the Airfix kits. :penguin:

• Thanks 1

Hi Isak, thank you for posting your very nice XIV build. You did an excellent job with the build and finish. I have one such kit, and wanted to do a “quick build.” No such luck!  I am opening the camera access door and adding new wheels. Wish me luck...

• Thanks 1