1/48 ICM Ju-88C6

Not my usual subject choice. and If I was going to build a Ju 88 I'd have probably have chosen a Battle of Britain aircraft. But I had this kit and no one wanted to buy it so a mate and I settled on a  mini build off of WW II German twin engined aircraft. I chose the option the box with the pox as I figured it would stand out in the cabinet. It does I'm not sure I made the right choice.

Full details of the build at my blog but here are some photos

Ju-88C6-42.jpg

Ju-88C6-27.jpg

Ju-88C6-28.jpg

Ju-88C6-29.jpg

Ju-88C6-32.jpg

Ju-88C6-33.jpg

Edited by Calum
  • Like 50

Pox is certainly the right word for it.

Magnificent build and great setting.

The pox spots look very realistic, not perfectly done which gives it a sense of realism.

I have Dragons Ju-88 C-6 in the stash, just looking for the right scheme to peak my interest. This one certainly has raised an eyebrow.

I'll check out a review for details of this a/c's unit.

Well done on a cracking bujld and top finish.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Holzhamer said:

I like your Zerstorer a lot, that camouflage is just perfect. First C-6 from ICM I see built. How do ICM decals behave?

The main markings and code are masks . But the stencils were fine. More details at the blog

23 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Very nice Calum. How did the kit go together? I have a C4 I want to do in the not to distant future. 

Greg there is a bit more detail on the blog. The only issue were the nacelles . The rest is pretty straight forward

Edited by Calum
  • Thanks 1

Calum, great work. If you were going for something unique and out of the ordinary you nailed it! It’ll certainly be peerless in your display cabinet. 

I’ve got the Dragon/Promodeller version in the stash, I’ve seen you and a couple others building these big beasts. I’m getting itchy to build mine now for some reason 🤪

Thanks for sharing this build, you really did a great job on the finish.