F-16 Close Air Support Evaluation, 1988

On 5/8/2020 at 4:27 AM, Old Viper Tester said:

83-1144. I don't think the two-seater in the background is '752 - there's no FLIR ball atop the nose, but I haven't found a record of a USAF B/D participating in the CAS Eval.

USAF 09cr

Sven

I think that the two-seater in the the rear of this photo is actually 752.

A couple of data points:

All of the Air Force painted Euro 1 aircraft had the "Ejection Seat" text painted in white on the warning triangle, the warning triangles on 752 were black only.

752 had the sensors stuck to the inside of the canopies (helmet trackers?) not present on normal F-16s.

Perhaps the FLIR was removed temporarily?

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hoops said:

A couple of data points:

All of the Air Force painted Euro 1 aircraft had the "Ejection Seat" text painted in white on the warning triangle, the warning triangles on 752 were black only.

752 had the sensors stuck to the inside of the canopies (helmet trackers?) not present on normal F-16s.

Cheers,

Hoops

Just realized another point, the two seater in the background does not have the in flight refueling light on the vertical tail. Being based on a FSD airframe 752 did not either.

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, Old Viper Tester said:

On 5/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, Old Viper Tester said:

11 hours ago, Hoops said:

A couple of data points:

Cheers,

Hoops

@Hoops may be right.  

I've found a couple of pictures of 75-0752 on display at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas and the camouflage demarcation lines and stencil locations look very similar, whilst appreciating that '752 is now a museum exhibit the FLIR is also missing

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 2