Benetton B191 F1 car times two.

Hi everyone,hope you like my 2 Benettons - the bigger one is a Wave 1/24 resin kit and it took me about 9 months to make! Now happy with it,is a car from the 1992 season,unsure which race as they changed colour schemes non stop then. The smaller one is 1/43,a metal kit from Racing 43. This Is from 1991 the Canadian GP,hence the Camel Course decals. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12

Very nice work on both of them. Never heard of wave kits but that one certainly looks good, what are they like to build ?

Lovely models! Early '90s F1, especially in 1/24 and 1/43 scale as models, is always good looking. Very well done work, these are not the easiest models to build well.

Some of my best modelling moments has been spent building 1/43 kits, many F1's, and I got a bunch of Wave 1/24 '90's F1 kits in stash. I need to to come to them I see now... Thanks for showing these.

Thanks all,I bought 3 Wave resin kits years ago,this started my collection of 1/24 F1 kits. I don't know when they stopped I suppose about 1994? They re quite solid lumps and there is no engine.I managed to replace most of the decals,but most replacements are for 1/20 scale.Decals remind me of old Hasegawa,white is creamy and they're not that good...Hi Bengalensis do you have a spare Wave 1981 or 82 Ferrari by any chance?  Thanks Chris.

9 hours ago, Kitkent said:

Hi Bengalensis do you have a spare Wave 1981 or 82 Ferrari by any chance?  Thanks Chris.

Sorry, but no. I recall a friend having an odd Wave box for sale at swaps where we shared a table, but what it was escapes me. I'll check when I talk to him next time.

Great cars!  Well represented.  

On display at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum.  This car ran on the road course at the Indy track.  And yes, a different color scheme.  

20161002_113737