Anti reflective lenses

Red Five

Hi

Does anyone know a good way of giving the anti laser lens coating on a leopard 2 vision blocks. I've seen the afv club sheets but can only find them via poland so go only knows when they will arrive. I've tried painting in the past and they look rubbish. I really want these to look the biz. 

Tia 

Maybe something like the guys use to recreate the HUDs in modern fighters? Some iridescent film that can be cut to size and glued using PVA.

• Thanks 1

Believe it or not, confetti.  You can buy shiny stuff that has a prismatic coating and, cut up small, apparently looks quite convincing.  I’ve not tried it myself, but there are people on Armorama and Track-Link who say good things about it.

As an alternative, especially if you aren’t comfortable with plastic being used for confetti, is clear ink.  The most common colours that show up on that coating are black, purple and vermilion.  Black would be easy; if you want the others, layers over fine-grained silver would probably work.  Choose your ink carefully, though.  Some of it doesn’t accept a second coat very happily.  I’ve found that with Winsor & Newton, and I normally swear by that stuff.

• Thanks 1

I got a roll of irridescent sticky film in a craft shop.  Looks a lot like the AFV Club film.  But it's clear and so you would need to apply it over a colour.  PM me your address and I'll send you a piece if you like.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I got a roll of irridescent sticky film in a craft shop.  Looks a lot like the AFV Club film.  But it's clear and so you would need to apply it over a colour.  PM me your address and I'll send you a piece if you like.

This is what I feel is the right thing. I've seen the confetti. I have some great film but cutting it that small and making it look well....not poo-poo is a challenge.. 

Green Stuff World make a range of colour shift paints that work really well, time consuming as you have to apply one thin layer at a time but the result is fantastic.

link of on type

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/chameleon-acrylic-paints/736-chameleon-colorshift-evil-forest-paint.html

link to all

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/153-chameleon-acrylic-paints

• 1 month later...

Makes my attempt with  clear styrene sheet  tinted with a red permanent marker and the once glued in place   Filled from rear with white glue so dries clear  seem very basic looking at above tips  lol D - for me must try harder 

• 4 weeks later...