I need a Late War Luftwaffe Cylindrical Drop Tank in 1/48!

Tokyo Raider

Hi Brits...  I need your help (again)!

I am planning a Eduard Fw-190D-9 Build and selected my Photo and Aircraft I want to build.  The Photo has a Late-War German Drop Tank of the Cylinder style (round nose cap and cylindrical body and a cone for the back of it.

Some may recall the teardrop FW190 Drop tank that comes in the Eduard kit...  But to make this like the photo, I am after a 1/48 cylindrical drop tank.  I have searched on ebay and seen similar aftermarket 600L and 900L tanks which are same design just too large and made for he111 and Ju88's.  

Does anyone know of a 1/48 model kit of a German fighter that has this style of drop tank it it?  I would buy the kit just to get the tank!  Hoping you guys can help me find the right drop tank for this project as I want to build it to the photo of the real aircraft.

Thanks!

-Bob

Edited by Tokyo Raider

Hi Bob,

I've been after this style of tank in 1/72 for about twenty years! I believe its is commonly referred to as the "cigar-shaped tank". I know Eagle Parts did it in 1/32 scale, but I don't know of anything in other scales. have a whole host of Dora Nines waiting.

Aftermarket guys! There's a gap in the market!

Cheers,

Mark.

49 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Hi Bob,

I've been after this style of tank in 1/72 for about twenty years! I believe its is commonly referred to as the "cigar-shaped tank". I know Eagle Parts did it in 1/32 scale, but I don't know of anything in other scales. have a whole host of Dora Nines waiting.

Aftermarket guys! There's a gap in the market!

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks Mark!  Yes Cigar tank...  I have seen aftermarket but the larger size (not for fighters).

I have seen the italieri Luftwaffe weapons in 1/48 have something that looks similar in it, but its not called out as a tank and I dont actually have the italieri kit in my hands.

The Italieri Luftwaffe Weapons kit in 1/48 has a bomb that looks exactly like the cigar drop tank.  It has two sizes of it...  They call it a AB250 and an AB500.  If these were the same dimensional as the fuel tank, I could remove the fins and have something close.  I need to compare dimensions...  if I can find them!

Hi, if I remember correctly. Falcons 1/48  bf 109 g-12 has the cigar style drop tank in it. This kit has been rereleased by Jay's hobby. Nick